Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > The Front Porch

Intro Thread

<< < (5/1665) > >>

kuzushi:
Not sure how I found this site, but I just started listening to the podcast over the weekend. Nice job.
Cheers.

javaguy:
Hello from Minnesota!

Excellent work here - I really appreciate all of Jack's hard work to get this up and running.   This podcast has been a blessing - I will be burning copies for friends and family who don't have ipods.

I am married with 3 kids, 3 cats, I am a software developer, live rural, and got started in preparedness before y2k.  My wonderful wife is on the same page.  My brother and I challenged each other at the time to take consistent, positive steps toward being self-sufficient and prepared for whatever might come - I quickly realized there was more to it than buying an extra few cans of food at the store - although even that was better than nothing.

Over the years, we have maintained a level of preparedness, but I had begin to get careless about it.  That has all changed.

It very exciting to be part of a community of like minded folks to discuss, learn from each other regarding what works and what doesn't, and encourage one another as well.

Gotta Love Jack's rants - especially when those other drivers cause trouble  ;D
Keep up the good work
Chris

Bighorn:
Hey All
I am from middle Texas. 41 and married. The wife is coming around to the preparedness thing. She wasnt to gung ho at first. We put in a garden this fall. And we got a chicken coop so we will be getting chickens soon.

I know we showed up late to the dance but we are here now and ready to party.

Tony

DeltaEchoVictor:
Welcome aboard everybody!  Glad to see the community is growing.

millerized1:
Hi, I'm Jim and I'm an alcoholic.....ooops, sorry.  Got Tuesday and Thursday mixed up :-[

I'm in WV, where I've lived for the past 8yrs.  In 2000, picked up a small (by todays standards) home on 3ac, called it home and stayed.  I've been prepping since late 1998 when my brother asked me about Y2K.  He quit prepping in 2000, I never stopped.  Currently setting on a prepardness nest egg of about 2yrs of food/fuel/fluff just in case.  I've got it divided at about 70-30% between my place and my parents in PA. Figured either family has a chance of relocation, and I shouldn't need as much back home (farming community) as I do if I get stuck down here (extended suburbs of DC :-\). Only lacking water storage, but there's a year-round stream on the back of the property and I've got a pile of filters for my Berkey.

I'm an Engineering Technician for the FEDGOV, designing access control and monitoring systems, along with most low voltage systems you'd find in a commercial or residential environment.  I cross over the 22yr FEDGOV line in December. Wife is FEDGOV as well, same organization, same site, different building.  Sharing the ride saves gas, but I have to listen to her for 15 minutes....so there's a trade-off for the convienence ;D.

Started out as an aircraft mechanic in the Army, then helicopters, then electronics.  Military from 1983 to 1994, I've been a Facility Manager for a major defense contractor after working for 2 other acronymic FEDGOV agencies where I took care of entire building systems from plumbing to electric, HVAC to security, from parking lots to the building itself. I'm your one stop shop.

Married 10yrs :-[, 12 cats, no kids.  Hobbies include anything and everything that a set of hands can do: woodworking, welding, electronics, computers. Reloading and building AR15's lately has kept me occupied when motorcycle riding can't.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version