Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > The Front Porch

Intro Thread

<< < (4/1665) > >>

Trusty Mutsi:
Hi folks!

I'm Harold from Pennsylvania. I'm a graphic designer/cartoonist. I just published my first comic book, which is also a webcomic. You can see it at mimescomic.com. I've been bothered by the typical american lifestyle for years. My wife and I have been very good about staying out of debt, but I still feel we have more than we need (specifically our house may be bigger than we need, but she disagrees). I'm hoping to get a firearm for home defense soon, and will be implementing the 24 hour drill (shutting off power, throw keys in the drawer, etc..)

I think that's a good starting point for me, but I'm a bit overwhelmed on what to focus on next. Where do I buy bags of rice? Should I learn to survive in the wild? Should I buy land next? Should I find a new job that's closer to the country? How do I learn more about politics, enonomy, from an absolute beginner's point of view?

As you can see, I've got a lot going on in my head, but I want to focus on a few things at a time.

I love the site, the forum seems great, and I hope I can somehow help in the future. My only real skills I can offer is cartooning. If anyone wants to do some survival cartoons, I'd love to work on some in the future.

archer:
Hello all,
 I'm Steve from San Jose, Calif, I am 43 yrs young. I found jack and his great podcasts from whenshtf.com.
 I'm a systems/network engineer (which means I am a computer/network babysitter). I've been 'prepping' for about a year now, slowly since my wife mostly ignores me on this. I want to move out to a more rural area so I can have a larger garden, raise chickens, keep bees, etc. I'm try to do a little more prepping every week.

zula:
Hello from Amarillo Tx. I'm ZULA

stevebluff:

--- Quote from: Archer on September 24, 2008, 11:33:44 AM ---Hello all,
 I'm Steve from San Jose, Calif, I am 43 yrs young. I found jack and his great podcasts from whenshtf.com.
 I've been 'prepping' for about a year now, slowly since my wife mostly ignores me on this.

--- End quote ---

I know the feeling, i just keep getting those looks!!

Patriot:Ex Machina:

--- Quote from: stevebluff on September 27, 2008, 01:19:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: Archer on September 24, 2008, 11:33:44 AM ---Hello all,
 I've been 'prepping' for about a year now, slowly since my wife mostly ignores me on this.

--- End quote ---

I know the feeling, i just keep getting those looks!!

--- End quote ---

Women, wives especially, are good with those "Looks". They'll make you feel crazy as hell about what you're doing if you let them. I've just started ignoring my wife's "looks". Much to her frustration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version