Author Topic: Recipe for making multiple burritos  (Read 539 times)

Offline The Morgan Hill Homesteading Project

• Survivor
  • New TSP Forum member
Recipe for making multiple burritos
« on: July 29, 2020, 09:50:40 AM »
Does anyone have a recipe for making 10+ breakfast burritos at 1 time? Looking to fill the freezer with to go lunches so I don’t go out to eat as much. I have not found anything I am really happy with online.

Offline fritz_monroe

• The Defenestrator
  • Administrator
  • Survival Veteran
    • The Homestead Fritz
Re: Recipe for making multiple burritos
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 05:24:33 PM »
I can't help with a recipe, but the assembly line works great for this type of thing.

I'll be watching the thread for some ideas.

Offline LvsChant

• Resident Master Mudder
  • Global Moderator
  • Survival Veteran
Re: Recipe for making multiple burritos
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2020, 11:35:33 PM »
Gosh! I never heard of using an actual recipe!

For breakfast burritos, I'd just scramble a bunch of eggs, cook some hashbrowns, fry up bacon or sausage and then assemble with shredded cheese, salsa or whatever else you like on them.

similarly, for non-breakfast... just prepare all the components you like to have in them... refried beans (or just regular pintos or whatever type of beans you like), cooked hamburger with taco seasoning, or cooked chorizo if you prefer. shredded cheese, maybe chopped onions or green chiles or salsa... whatever you like... just make the assembly line and go for it. I've also made batches of my regular chili and used the leftovers for burritos with shredded cheddar on top. It tends to get a little thicker if you simmer it awhile and makes for a more solid burrito.

Lots of folks in NM add cooked diced potatoes, but I have to admit that I think that is pretty disgusting and ruins the burrito... ymmv.