Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Modern Rifles, Shotguns and Carbines

Can we learn from states with AWB?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Smurf Hunter:

--- Quote from: FreeLancer on February 28, 2018, 04:08:34 PM ---I also have at least one non-semiautomatic weapon for each round I stock, with the exception of 9 and 40 (which I probably should work on).

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't sweat it.  If you are really paranoid you can find plans for home workshop 9mm guns using commonly available hardware store parts. Otherwise you get some exotic (expensive) revolver that requires moon-clips.

Carl:
  Don't overlook the low cost ammo and capacity with capability of the lever action carbine . They are ergonomic,flat,easy to carry,and have that non tactical appearance that does not carry the stigma of evil that many give the AR15. The 357 magnum carries plenty of power and game capability...plus very effective for zombies and less prone to semi auto feed problems under harsh conditions. Semi auto,while nice will cause one to be MORE EXPOSED in prone shooting due to large magazine profile and while the semi auto fires FASTER ,it often is with loss of accuracy.

Smurf Hunter:

--- Quote from: Carl on March 01, 2018, 02:03:21 AM ---  Don't overlook the low cost ammo and capacity with capability of the lever action carbine . They are ergonomic,flat,easy to carry,and have that non tactical appearance that does not carry the stigma of evil that many give the AR15. The 357 magnum carries plenty of power and game capability...plus very effective for zombies and less prone to semi auto feed problems under harsh conditions. Semi auto,while nice will cause one to be MORE EXPOSED in prone shooting due to large magazine profile and while the semi auto fires FASTER ,it often is with loss of accuracy.

--- End quote ---

From my experience, when you are firing a gun with a lower round capacity, more care is taken with each shot.
At least for me, I shoot a bolt gun much more carefully compared to a semi-auto rifle. Really nothing to do with mechanical accuracy of the ammo or gun, but each shot is more precious in my mind, so I concentrate just a bit more.

armymars:
  Carl,
Don't forget that you can short stroke a lever action rifle. I did that on my first deer. After I shot it it ran in front of me and stopped. I couldn't get a second round into the chamber. After three or four seconds it bounced away and dropped dead. That's one I won't forget.

Carl:

--- Quote from: armymars on March 01, 2018, 03:23:02 PM ---  Carl,
Don't forget that you can short stroke a lever action rifle. I did that on my first deer. After I shot it it ran in front of me and stopped. I couldn't get a second round into the chamber. After three or four seconds it bounced away and dropped dead. That's one I won't forget.

--- End quote ---

PRACTICE with your lever guns...as semi autos require proper magazine and alignment,ammo consistency,clean action,support for action cycle,proper lubrication and lever guns rely on the shooter...blame the gun?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version