Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Modern Rifles, Shotguns and Carbines

Can we learn from states with AWB?

<< < (3/3)

David in MN:

--- Quote from: Carl on March 01, 2018, 03:36:45 PM ---PRACTICE with your lever guns...as semi autos require proper magazine and alignment,ammo consistency,clean action,support for action cycle,proper lubrication and lever guns rely on the shooter...blame the gun?

--- End quote ---

I spent years drilling with a pump shotgun. In my sleep I can do a slug changeover or feed the ejection port off a side saddle. Say what you will about semi auto rifles but when I've seen Chicago PD demonstrate shotgun handling I've never more feared a weapon. They use a shotgun to put a "beat zone" like a WWII machine gunner (which a lot of them did). A lot of the old guys kept the shotgun rather than the AR.

I don't think there is a 'best gun'. I think a lot of us will  find that with different strengths different guns make sense. Being on a quarter acre a shotgun makes sense. If I was on a Montana ranch I'd want a 600 yard gun. Probably bolt action.

armymars:
Carl,
  Your right about practice. I was the one who short stroked the gun. Lever action guns need to be handled with authority.

Carl:

--- Quote from: David in MN on March 01, 2018, 08:35:57 PM ---I spent years drilling with a pump shotgun. In my sleep I can do a slug changeover or feed the ejection port off a side saddle. Say what you will about semi auto rifles but when I've seen Chicago PD demonstrate shotgun handling I've never more feared a weapon. They use a shotgun to put a "beat zone" like a WWII machine gunner (which a lot of them did). A lot of the old guys kept the shotgun rather than the AR.

I don't think there is a 'best gun'. I think a lot of us will  find that with different strengths different guns make sense. Being on a quarter acre a shotgun makes sense. If I was on a Montana ranch I'd want a 600 yard gun. Probably bolt action.

--- End quote ---

During Viet Nam,often downed pilots were retrieved from the jungle with a man in a drop basket to penetrate the tree cover and pick up the downed pilot. The helicopter made a marker to bad guys as it hovered low over canopy and lowered the basket. The rescue man in that basket had a 'come and get me' situation and any area bad guys  were prone t take advantage....that man ,most always,carried a pump shotgun as at that time ,it put the most awesome quantity of fear and lead in the air with 9 thirty cal projectiles per tug of the trigger ...it was a reliable wall of lead for the exposed men.

buckaroo:
I am in CA, have done a lot of research, and 'if' I had an AR15, I would go to one of the magazine pinning takedown pins...there are several with varying degrees of difficulty to install and operate..... none very difficult. And frankly there is only a delay of about 2 seconds between a rifle equipped this way and a standard AR. Makes very little real world difference. Here is one video: https://jtactical.com/products/ca-compliant-ar-mod-kit-featureless-ar-alternative

The morons that make up and pass these laws have no clue. But their real intention anyway is to simply take these guns away. From us all....I would be watching CA if I were outside the state, because it may happen to you too...

FreeLancer:

--- Quote from: FreeLancer on February 28, 2018, 04:08:34 PM ---I also have at least one non-semiautomatic weapon for each round I stock, with the exception of 9 and 40 (which I probably should work on).

--- End quote ---

I managed to snag a 10mm Ruger GP100 on sale today.  Nice to finally have a wheel gun capable of digesting my .40 stockpile.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version