Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Modern Rifles, Shotguns and Carbines

Can we learn from states with AWB?

(1/3) > >>

Smurf Hunter:
Not intending to be alarmist, also not intending to be defeatist about things.

But in the event you could not legally possess a normally equipped AR-15, how would you substitute it legally given regulations of places like CA/CT/NY/NJ/etc ?

Do you neuter the rifle's features until it's a legally compliant shadow of it's former self?  Removing the pistol grip, pin the magazine, etc?
Or do you change up things completely and go with a lever action rifle? Something else?

As preppers we often talk about self-sufficient means to produce food, energy and other resources.  This might be a helpful thought experiment.
Any suggestions are welcomed.

mountainmoma:
I have heard of many being altered in CA to comply. SO, same features as, for example, a mini 14, but black polymer stock and easy ability to connect accessories.......lighter than the mini-14, can use all ar platform 3 point slings, lights, sighting options. Reduced capacity magazine, or course, but no longer needing a bullet button, so can eject magazine -- this is my understanding hearing them talk about it.

FreeLancer:
Neutered ARs suck, but neutering is reversible if circumstances change, so that option beats turning it in.

Otherwise look towards something like a Garand, an M1A, or a Keltec SU.  Anything without the stigma of a pistol grip. 

I also have at least one non-semiautomatic weapon for each round I stock, with the exception of 9 and 40 (which I probably should work on).

surfivor:
are 22's assault weapons ?

Smurf Hunter:

--- Quote from: surfivor on February 28, 2018, 04:15:24 PM ---are 22's assault weapons ?

--- End quote ---

You can get a pistol grip stock of a Ruger 10/22, and (for the moment) I can get 25 round "banana" magazines for them.  If loaded with high velocity CCI stingers, it's not anything to laugh at.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version