Author Topic: SACRAMENTO  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Greenneck

• Prepper
SACRAMENTO
« on: January 26, 2010, 04:42:03 PM »
Hey Everybody,

Just putting Sacramento's flag in the dirt.  Curious as to how many people in the area are on here.

And my advice....buy a boat....not a house!

Greenneck

Offline Manor

• Prepper
Re: SACRAMENTO
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 08:46:59 PM »
I work in Sacramento. Lot's of rain.

Offline muchpain

• Prepper
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 08:41:46 PM »
I'm here  :-\

Troy

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 11:39:43 PM »
Greenneck,

I saved the boat money and spent it on a house above the dam.  ;D
Lifelong Sactown area guy here.

Offline Greenneck

• Prepper
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 10:42:09 AM »
Troy you are a smart man!  I'm not a homeowner yet, but I think I'll be looking in the 80 corridor above Colfax in the next couple years.

It's crazy to think how bad it would be if Folsom broke at full capacity....or if multiple dams (Shasta, Oroville) broke.  Terrifying...

Keep on truckin!

Newb Survivalist

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 02:50:00 PM »
sacramento here as well. This saturday night at 7, there is going to be a meet up for the sacramento permaculture group.

http://www.meetup.com/Sacramento-Area-Permaculture/calendar/12330633/?a=facebook

i RSVP'ed, anyone interested in coming out, we can grab a drink after and chat preps.

-robin lee patton

Offline muchpain

• Prepper
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
sacramento here as well. This saturday night at 7, there is going to be a meet up for the sacramento permaculture group.

http://www.meetup.com/Sacramento-Area-Permaculture/calendar/12330633/?a=facebook

i RSVP'ed, anyone interested in coming out, we can grab a drink after and chat preps.

-robin lee patton

It looks like the event is actually next Saturday, February 6th at 7pm.

See you there, Newb Survivalist.  Anyone else going? 

Offline Bad_Synergy

• Survivor
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 12:46:07 AM »
It is great to see so many fellow Sacramento’ins here – add me to the list. 

Welcome, to all the new members!

And my advice....buy a boat....not a house!

Greenneck

That is funny,,, I can’t say that I disagree with you at all.  Actually I can relate to that statement…  On Sunday my house in Sacramento is going on sale,,, and my backup BOL is a 47 foot sailboat in Vallejo (owned by a buddy of mine).  Nonetheless, not to digress, fortunately or unfortunately, I am only moving over to Davis; so I will still be a part of the greater Sacramento metro area for some time to come.

Newb,

Man, I wish I could make it to the permaculture get together this weekend.  Thanks once again for a heads-up on an event!  I swear I will make it to one of these events some day.  Unfortunately, as is seemingly my lot in life for the moment, I have about 3 things demanding my attendance on that particular night (work, friends get-together, and most importantly, my son’s first birthday party).  Nonetheless, thanks again.

I look forward meeting you all one of these days.

Take care,

Sean

Newb Survivalist

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »
ill be there, got my shift covered and everything. Now i just need to remember to go. i need to start using my calendar and stop covering my hands in sharpie....... remember sammy jenkis...

-newb

Offline Manor

• Prepper
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 09:38:33 PM »
I want to go. Is it to late to squeeze in a spot? I emailed Heather. Don't know if there's space or if I'll here back in time.

Offline Manor

• Prepper
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2010, 12:39:33 PM »
OK, I just heard back from Heather. I'll be there tonight.

Offline Manor

• Prepper
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 10:41:41 AM »
Sorry, couldn't make it. Wife had plans and I couldn't get a baby sitter. Hope it was good for those that went. Looking forward to another event or get together.

mat

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 11:36:30 AM »
hey , Im Mat I moved to the sac area in a few years ago just bought a house in roseville area, im getting my beds built does anyone know the last average frost date for this area or what zone this is? What do you have going at this point in the season?
thanks

Offline Manor

• Prepper
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »
Mat, go here http://www.farmerfred.com/ lots of good info. He also has a radio program. also try here http://cagardenweb.ucdavis.edu/ Hope this helps.

Manor

Offline PreppingMom

• Prepper
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2010, 01:50:13 PM »
I'm from up in the foothills near the Grass Valley/Nevada City area.  We have a permaculture group here, although I've never seen a notification of a meeting.  I'm signed up for their yahoo group and get the digest.  Seems like they just pass on workshop information and such.  What is the Sacramento Permaculture Group like?  Perhaps I should drive down for a meeting.  Do they have a yahoo group that notifies of meetings?  Any info appreciated!

Nancy

Newb Survivalist

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 01:16:04 PM »
*preppingmom - here is the website for the SAC permaculture - meetup group.

http://www.meetup.com/Sacramento-Area-Permaculture/

they send me notifications via email for all the meetups and ideas. Cool group, ive only been to one meeting, so i couldn't tell you what to expect.

*Mat, Im in roseville right now. i work up here 5 days a week, and all my buddies live up here so i am up here all the time. i reside in east sac.

ive started a bunch of stuff already.

butter lettuce, garlic, carrots, flowers, roma tomatoes, mint,......drawing a blank on the rest. I think we are in the clear right now for frost. Trusting the gut feeling, but then again what do i know. im a newb!

seeds are cheap. im down to kill a few plants in order to learn a few lessons.

robinpatton@gmail.com - hit me up if you have any questions, i check my email more than the boards.

waltonk

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2010, 11:32:45 AM »
Born in Woodland but checking in from little furhter north. Alturas,Ca find it on the map.

Offline Bad_Synergy

• Survivor
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2010, 10:25:14 PM »
Waltonk,

Welcome to the forum!

My best regards go out to you up there in Alturas.  I did a little bit of work up there last year, and while I was there I couldn’t help appreciate the beautiful countryside around those parts. 

I don’t foresee crossing through there any time soon again, but the next I am up in your neck of the woods I can let you know – Maybe I can get us a round over at the Brass Rail.

Cheers,

waltonk

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2010, 09:55:46 PM »
sounds good synergy.

Offline sacramentosurvival

• Prepper
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2010, 04:26:36 PM »
North end of Elk Grove here. Are there any survival/prepper groups in the surrounding area that meet? Survivalist clubs or organizations. I would like to hang out with some like minded individuals once and a while. Maybe get together and practice skills, learn new ones from each other. Just putting that out there to see what's happening in the area. Thinking of moving to the Wilton area next winter to get further away from the cidiots. Maybe towards Auburn. Also where can I get information on what areas would be in danger if Folsom dam failed?

Offline Tammo

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 10:10:49 PM »
Hey there! Another Sacramento area resident checking in!  :)

Offline Tammo

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2018, 07:39:21 PM »
Hey there! Another Sac local here (Orangevale) looking for some more like minded people! Checking in! 😊