Author Topic: Ben Falk in Maine  (Read 211 times)

Offline bfgmt

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Ben Falk in Maine
« on: August 28, 2014, 09:27:52 PM »
Ben Falk will be the key note speaker on Saturday Sept.20 at the Common Ground fair in Unity, Maine http://mofga.org/TheFair/ScheduleofEvents/tabid/106/Default.aspx

Offline PorcupineKate

• Survivalist Mentor
  • Head Weed Puller
Re: Ben Falk in Maine
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 07:28:29 AM »
I so want to go.  Ben Falk always gives a great presentation.   I am hoping he will be talking about the Rutland VT location and the most recent developments.

The Common Ground Fair is amazing.  The food, farmer's market, exhibits and speakers are amazing.  What other fair do you get a lesson on building hoop house frames from Elliot Coleman, fried dough made with organic whole wheat flour topped with maple syrup and wild blueberries and 2 huge farmers markets full of beautiful produce to take home.  The fair has gardens, orchards, animals, workshops, lectures, apple tastings, local food and local music.  You can even take a vintage train to get there and avoid the worst of the traffic. 

I need to see if we can swing going this year.   I love this fair and all of it's awesomeness. 

Offline Gearsoup

• Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
Re: Ben Falk in Maine
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 03:15:31 PM »
It's funny, I just was reading the online flyer for The Common Ground fair. I saw that Ben Falk was the keynote speaker for Saturday and my first thought was "Oh My, I gotta go post this on TSP!"
I see that someone beat me to it. I'm so looking foward to going to this fair. I've never been. Only gone to the standard fairs