Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > ANNOUNCEMENTS

TSP forum and blog were infected with a trojan

<< < (2/6) > >>

MaddoginMass:
I'm running Kaspersky for AV and it picked this up yesterday on the homepage of the TSP site.  It flashed a warning and wouldn't let me open the page.  I shot an email to Jack when it happened.  Everything seems fine now though.

If you have smartphones, you should be running AV on them too.  I've been using the free version of Lookout for Android.

soupbone:
I started a full scan this morning. Microsoft Security Essentials found the following and removed it:

Trojan: JS/BlacoleRef.N

Was this what you were talking about?

soup

Docwatmo:
It showed up under JS/Iframe.AS Trojan under ESET Nod32 Antivirus, but it may show up under different names on different products. 

Mr. Bill:

--- Quote from: soupbone on December 15, 2011, 01:27:54 PM ---I started a full scan this morning. Microsoft Security Essentials found the following and removed it:

Trojan: JS/BlacoleRef.N

Was this what you were talking about?

--- End quote ---

Honestly, we don't know for sure.  Archer's opinion is that this was only an information-collecting scheme, and would not install malware on your computer.  He knows a lot more about this stuff than I do -- but I'm more paranoid.
 :tinfoily:

The attack inserted code into about 350 files on thesurvivalpodcast.com and survivalpodcast.net.  Hats off to Archer, who edited the malware out of all of them by hand! :clap:

Anyway, I'm glad to hear you removed a trojan from your system.

Docwatmo:
Archer is correct, the malware just redirected some requests, however the locations that they were redirected to, could be infection sources and unprotected machines could have picked up additional malware from scripts at the redirected points.  Most likely not as they appeared to be just trying to garner hits and stats but without a full forensic exam, we just won't know 100%.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version