Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > ANNOUNCEMENTS

TSP forum and blog were infected with a trojan

(1/6) > >>

Mr. Bill:
Our site -- both the forum and Jack's blog -- was infected with a trojan for about the past day.  We believe it's fixed now.

I wish I could tell you for certain whether you're at risk for problems.  If you're running a good antivirus program, you're probably okay.  Some browsers (current versions of Opera and Chrome, we think) may have been immune.

We believe this is part of a widespread attack that takes advantage of a security hole in PHP, and has probably affected many forums and blogs.

More info to follow, if we learn anything.

archer:
A little clarity:
This is a PHP based redirection attack to collect usage/other information, it will not infect/harm your own personal system. Better anti-virus/malware programs will detect this redirection and give a warning about the redirection. It also broke some Javascript/PHP functions.

If you have a web server running a blog using PHP you check it out to look for this.

technicalanarchy:
I had it happen to a couple of sites i manage. It was through filezilla :(

FromScratchWoman:
I do almost all of my tsp"ing on my phone..which is an HTC,so just a little mini computer..and for the past day going on two now It's been turning off and flashing the HTC logo and gets really hot only way to stop it is to take out the battery and leave it out for a minimum of 15 mins..and It's been freezing like crazy..upon talking to the tech people for my phone today they informed me I may have picked up a virus from my internet use..which is mainly the form  :-\ just giving people a heads up that if you have a smart phone that's been acting off this may be why..I don't know any of this for a fact just connecting dots..

Cianaodh:
I too do most of my TSP forum reading on an HTC phone and have been experiencing similar behavior lately.  ???

--- Quote from: FromScratchWoman on December 14, 2011, 06:40:21 PM ---I do almost all of my tsp"ing on my phone..which is an HTC,so just a little mini computer..and for the past day going on two now It's been turning off and flashing the HTC logo and gets really hot only way to stop it is to take out the battery and leave it out for a minimum of 15 mins..and It's been freezing like crazy..upon talking to the tech people for my phone today they informed me I may have picked up a virus from my internet use..which is mainly the form  :-\ just giving people a heads up that if you have a smart phone that's been acting off this may be why..I don't know any of this for a fact just connecting dots..

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version