Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > ANNOUNCEMENTS

Please help us find a forum bug!

(1/6) > >>

Mr. Bill:
We have a bug.  It shows up in a few different ways:

* Someone makes a post, but it never shows up in the thread, even though you can see it in their Recent Posts list.
* Or it shows up, and then vanishes.
* A thread shows that there is a new post, but when you look there is no new post.
We've seen a few examples, including two today.

If you discover anything like this happening, could you please report it in this thread?  More examples might help us find a pattern and discover the cause.

Thanks very much for your help!

Nicodemus:
I saw that in the thread "Odd Food Storage Items" in the "Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Preps > Food Storage" section. judging by the posts that later showed up, it appears that you guys know that there was a problem with it already.

What I can say about that thread is it would display the "new" tag and showed that OKGranny had made a post since I last visited. When I would go to that thread, my post would be the last in the thread with no post afterward. My post ended up being the last on the first page, so I wonder if there might be a problem in going from the first page of posts to the second within a thread.

I should have reported it when I thought it odd, but my computer has been a little buggy of late and so I assumed it was a problem on my end.

If you knew all of this already, and reading this post was a waste of your time, I apologize.  :P

Edit: I just saw that most if not all of this information was posted in the thread "Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Tech Support and Forum Bugs > Forum Errors". My Bad.

Mr. Bill:
Thanks, Nicodemus -- it helps to get a thorough description like that.

JerseyVince:

--- Quote from: Nicodemus on May 06, 2011, 06:36:58 PM ---I saw that in the thread "Odd Food Storage Items" in the "Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Preps > Food Storage" section. judging by the posts that later showed up, it appears that you guys know that there was a problem with it already.

What I can say about that thread is it would display the "new" tag and showed that OKGranny had made a post since I last visited. When I would go to that thread, my post would be the last in the thread with no post afterward. My post ended up being the last on the first page, so I wonder if there might be a problem in going from the first page of posts to the second within a thread.

I should have reported it when I thought it odd, but my computer has been a little buggy of late and so I assumed it was a problem on my end.

If you knew all of this already, and reading this post was a waste of your time, I apologize.  :P

Edit: I just saw that most if not all of this information was posted in the thread "Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Tech Support and Forum Bugs > Forum Errors". My Bad.

--- End quote ---

i had the exact same problem Nicodemus with the same thread and it was corrected yesterday too

Mr. Bill:
Archer has been doing some repair work this evening, and I think all the invisible posts have returned from the netherworld. ;D

So what we most need to know now is whether this problem occurs AGAIN (i.e., anytime after right now) on any post.  That will tell us whether we've done a permanent fix, or just a repair of existing damage.

Thanks in advance.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version