Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Preps

Help, can't understand my new oven!

<< < (3/7) > >>

Greekman:

--- Quote from: Gamer on February 22, 2020, 09:20:06 PM ---However there's another setting I don't understand, namely the "Upper and lower heating elements with fan assist" setting
Stupid question time- What does the fan do exactly, what's it FOR and why should I want to use it? :-\

--- End quote ---

is there a fan showing, or even a air grill, in your oven?
It does not look like so form the pic.

LvsChant:
Convection (fan) cooking is quite nice... heats evenly and shortens cook time. We have a combo microwave / convection cook oven in our little guesthouse. I quite like baking with the convection cycle... just like an oven nearly. There was really no need for a full oven here in this small space, so we have a two-burner cooktop and this combination oven with vent fan above the cooktop.

Gamer:

--- Quote from: Greekman on February 23, 2020, 12:48:03 AM ---is there a fan showing, or even a air grill, in your oven?
It does not look like so form the pic.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: LvsChant on February 23, 2020, 01:09:14 PM ---Convection (fan) cooking is quite nice... heats evenly and shortens cook time.
--- End quote ---

Yes there's a fan in my oven, it whirrs into action when I select "fan assist".
But I'm puzzled why I've also got the option to cook without the fan?
I mean, if cooking is better with the fan, why on earth should I ever want to cook without the fan?

iam4liberty:

--- Quote from: Gamer on February 24, 2020, 07:59:15 AM ---Yes there's a fan in my oven, it whirrs into action when I select "fan assist".
But I'm puzzled why I've also got the option to cook without the fan?
I mean, if cooking is better with the fan, why on earth should I ever want to cook without the fan?

--- End quote ---

For some cuts of meats a fan can dry out and burn surface.  So you have choice to turn off fan or lower temperature in these circumstances.

Greekman:
a fan will also dry out pizza ingredients

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version