Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Storage Resources

Where to get canning jars

<< < (18/18)

Redman:

--- Quote from: mountainmoma on June 27, 2020, 09:25:24 AM ---Great, I just bought a dozen boxes of mainstay flats hoping they would work better than Orchard  road --- I cant afford the current price gouging on Ball ids, they were expensive enough before

--- End quote ---

Seems like it all started when Jarden stopped selling direct at the Fresh Preserving website pretty much giving Walmart control of the market. Just checked Menard's. No lids just boxes of bands and lid and Ball brand no Kerr brand. Both are made by the same people. Strange.

Carver:

--- Quote from: mountainmoma on June 27, 2020, 09:25:24 AM ---Great, I just bought a dozen boxes of mainstay flats hoping they would work better than Orchard  road --- I cant afford the current price gouging on Ball ids, they were expensive enough before

--- End quote ---
Orchard Road were way too stiff, didn't seal right. Menard's just shows those blue lids, decorative one, too expensive at 6 for $1.69.
We are going to have a lot of tomatoes this year, have to can them.

LvsChant:
The Dollar Store had some regular sized lids in stock last time I checked... maybe about $2/dozen?

Morning Sunshine:
No quart jars - wide or reg - at the big grocery store in town.  The pints I bought were $12/ dz regular.  I think the quarts were $15 (but none in stock).

Stwood:
Walmart had WM Ball quarts on the web yesterday. $11 and change.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version