Community & Regional Connections > Region Five

Moved to Plano

(1/2) > >>

thechemist:
A new job opportunity has my family moving from Raleigh, NC to Plano, TX.  We've been here for a couple of months and we love it so far.  I have to say that I underestimated Texas pride.  It seems like every truck has a "Texas Edition" badge on it.  :-)

TexDaddy:
Welcome,

--- Quote from: thechemist on June 12, 2015, 02:16:06 PM ---...I have to say that I underestimated Texas pride.  It seems like every truck has a "Texas Edition" badge on it.  :-)

--- End quote ---
Well that is something difficult to over estimate.  ;)

...and yes, there are quite a few of them.

lettuceman:
No, that's just marketing.

TexDaddy:

--- Quote from: lettuceman on June 13, 2015, 07:21:35 AM ---No, that's just marketing.

--- End quote ---
Of course.

"According to General Motors, the Lone Star State is responsible for one sixth of all truck sales in the United States, and to draw even more buyers to its showrooms, the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado is being offered in a special Texas Edition package."

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/05/08/2014-chevy-silverado-texas-edition/

Bones:
Welcome to Texas! Until about 3 years ago I worked in Plano (Baylor Regional Med Ctr) and lived in Richardson. We sold our house up there at a great time and for a nice profit one year ago this month and finally relocated to our BOL and forever home here in the Pineywoods of East TX.

Plano is a great city with lots of restraunt opportunities (and Cabela's, and Bass Pro Shops, and Cheaper Than Dirt, and Dick's Sports, and Gander Mountain, and several Academy Sports within an easy drive!!!!). If you're into tech check out the Fry's Electronics at 75 and the George Bush Expressway. If you like golf there is a place with a 3 story driving range complete with bars and restaraunts on every level (Top Golf). Enjoy the new surrounds and help us keep Texas free. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version