Archived Boards (Read-Only) > 13Skills.com

Advice for learning to pick locks

<< < (3/5) > >>

Waiting in the Weeds:
Was looking for inspiration for adding skills, all the advice is excellent here. Looks like I'm adding lock picking ;D

fritz_monroe:

--- Quote from: Special K on January 22, 2013, 12:52:11 PM ---TOOOL can help as well. http://toool.us/

--- End quote ---
I just found that there's a local TOOL chapter in my area.  They have monthly meetings.  I've contacted them about it, but haven't heard back from them yet.

Jesse2004:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on January 23, 2013, 09:09:38 AM ---I just found that there's a local TOOL chapter in my area.  They have monthly meetings.  I've contacted them about it, but haven't heard back from them yet.

--- End quote ---

I went to one of their events in my area - where they did a course on locks.  If you are interested in this skill, I can't recommend it highly enough.  They did great work (powerpoint and passing around actual locks) to show how locks work internally and the weaknesses that allow them to be picked.  In addition, they gave some great hands on practice.   The course I signed up for offered a set of tools for an extra 10 or 15 dollars.

goataroo:
Thanks for all of the info.  This is on my list of skills to learn in 2013 and other than heading over to YouTube I didn't know where to start. 

Beth

North WI Thriver:
I already know how to pick locks, having taken one of those correspondence courses on locksmithing and electronic security eons ago, but your suggestion of places to find old door locks has inspired me to brush up on this skill a little!  Usually I just grab a stool and work on our own house locks once in a while, but it would be good to go get some different brands and types.  Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version