The TSP Marketplace > BulkAmmo.com

Why would anyone buy this?

(1/2) > >>

arikinthecity:
Logged onto bulk ammo to look at 22 cal ammo.   They must have great deals.   What do I find?   50 Rounds of .22 LR Ammo by Eley Subsonic - 40gr HP  for $20.  That's about 41 cents each.   WTF.   They have another Eley box for even more and the reviews all show that it's just garbage.    I bought 6000 rounds  on black friday at local stores for about  1.9 cents each with buy one get one discounts at two local stores here in North Jersey.  Obviously prices went up since then due to the shootings, gun laws, and media  and I realize this is not the best deal that  Bulk Ammo has  however, it's the only two items they provide for 22LR.     If you're running a web site called BULK ammo  and the only thing you have in stock is 50 round boxes, you may want to just say you're sold out.

nelson96:

--- Quote from: arikinthecity on June 16, 2013, 01:23:53 PM ---Logged onto bulk ammo to look at 22 cal ammo.   They must have great deals.   What do I find?   50 Rounds of .22 LR Ammo by Eley Subsonic - 40gr HP  for $20.  That's about 41 cents each.   WTF.   They have another Eley box for even more and the reviews all show that it's just garbage.    I bought 6000 rounds  on black friday at local stores for about  1.9 cents each with buy one get one discounts at two local stores here in North Jersey.  Obviously prices went up since then due to the shootings, gun laws, and media  and I realize this is not the best deal that  Bulk Ammo has  however, it's the only two items they provide for 22LR.     If you're running a web site called BULK ammo  and the only thing you have in stock is 50 round boxes, you may want to just say you're sold out.
--- End quote ---

Have you been asleep since December? 

People are paying that price.  Be glad you bought a bunch in November and conserve it.

inconel710:
Seriously, they should rename it 22Unicorn instead of 22LR.  Only thing I've seen on the shelves for months have been shotshells.  I'm done to my last box of CCI Mini-mags, a bulk box of Federal Auto Match, and some Remington Golden Bullets that none of my 22's shoot well.

Yes, the price is high, but at least they have some!

Riley_P:
Agreed. Time to buy local where there's no shipping. Lots of stores are starting to carry it again and if you don't care about shipping, ammoseek dot com always has 22lr for under 15 cents from multiple stores.

Good luck!

FrugalFannie:
some of our local stores have been getting in bulk 22. They put out 1/4 - 1/3 of their load and limit buyers to 1 box of bulk per day. The next day they put out another portion, and on and on until they are gone (usually Fri, Sat, Sun). Otherwise people will come in and buy them all out and hoard it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version