Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Medical Needs and First Aid

Homemade masks

<< < (5/6) > >>

Morning Sunshine:
I was thinking about the hair ties, but was unsure how they would work.  Thanks for doing that experiment for me  :D

fritz_monroe:
Came across this video on a very quick printing frame that makes use of that blue operating room tray material.  It 3D prints quick and since the filter is fabric squares, each person can carry around a fresh supply of filter material.

https://youtu.be/xVYypLYEo_0

I also stumbled upon this page at the National Institutes of Health.  These are all approved models or models currently being tested.  Of course to meet the requirements, all instructions for these must be followed precisely.

COVID-19 Supply Chain Response

FreeLancer:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on April 05, 2020, 09:53:07 AM ---I also stumbled upon this page at the National Institutes of Health.  These are all approved models or models currently being tested.  Of course to meet the requirements, all instructions for these must be followed precisely.

--- End quote ---

Lot's of ingenuity on display, there.

armymars:
Here in Michigan they found a way to clean the m95 masks. First UV light then heat them to 165 degrees for 30 min.

Greekman:
thanks for the offer to assist...

Personally, i fond all these efforts are commendable but i see many mistakes in the making in general. i.e. too many hard material masks with too little breathing surface (becoming rather uncomfortable and clogging/saturating easily).
Why back when the DIY mask was going rampant, I stopped following all, other the ones designed by doctors.

Sorry for being critical, but designing a piece of PPE involves many parameters that only an every day user can know.
I have nothing against the technology, in fact years ago i took a short seminar and designed a battery carrier for the purposes of.

That said, if I had known of a promising (after all of this time, tested) design by a doctor or nurse, i would save it for the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version