Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Medical Needs and First Aid

Homemade masks

<< < (3/6) > >>

Greekman:
I see...But I think material permeatance plays a role. From a point on the mask area will be inconsequential.
But at the same time, the larger the area the air is suctioned from (I will assume mostly in front of the mount/nose) the longer it will take for the materials to saturate by the micro-droplets suctioned and trapped.

Greekman:
it seems there is one material better than cotton fabric. Blue shop towels
https://www.businessinsider.com/homemade-mask-using-hydro-knit-shop-towel-filters-better-2020-4?amp

fritz_monroe:
I think that surgical masks are made from polyester hydro knit material.  So it would make sense.

Those Tool Box shop towels are available at Harbor Freight in addition to the link they have to Home Depot.

But no pattern yet.

Morning Sunshine:

--- Quote from: fritz_monroe on April 04, 2020, 06:36:17 AM ---I think that surgical masks are made from polyester hydro knit material.  So it would make sense.

Those Tool Box shop towels are available at Harbor Freight in addition to the link they have to Home Depot.

But no pattern yet.

--- End quote ---

could you use these as a filter inside the washable cotton masks?

fritz_monroe:

--- Quote from: Morning Sunshine on April 04, 2020, 06:37:20 AM ---could you use these as a filter inside the washable cotton masks?

--- End quote ---
I would think that it would make the mask filter better. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version