Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Show Discussions, Fan Mail and Topic Suggestions

Thank you Jack

(1/3) > >>

ElyasWolff:
I started listening a few weeks ago. My wife and I have been somewhat into survival for a few years now, I mostly hang out at the AR15.com survival forum.

I got laid off two weeks ago, about the time I started listening. A few days after that I caught the pod cast where Jack was talking to his painter buddy about debt, and that really hit home. He stated that when he was in his younger years (I am 24) that he had to pull himself out of debt to open his eyes. Well that is where I am now. My wife and I are changing the way we live, and I just wanted to thank Jack for his eloquent way of putting everything into perspective.

Thanks for the show, most of what I hear is spot on, and you put into words some of what I feel and see.

PS I really liked the ep on the Federal Reserve.

BigDanInTX:
Welcome, Elyas!

I'm sure Jack appreciates the kind words and we're glad you're here.

Freedom from debt is a great place to start on your own road to personal freedom and I wish you luck in getting there.  I'm working on that myself and just got off a bad stint where I had no income (despite having a job) from April until July (they couldn't pay me).  I'm now re-employed and working to get my butt out of the bind that company put me in.

Jack does have a great way of pointing out the things that matter most (or should) and help to make things clearer.  Welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay!  =-]

ontheroad:
Love the podcast, and hope the forum is great also.  Thanks for all you do.  And keep up the good work on podcast.  The only thing I hope is that the tinfoil hat and left wing trolls don't get a toe hold here.  They have ruined many a good site.

DrGonzo:

--- Quote from: ElyasWolff on September 19, 2008, 02:05:26 PM ---I started listening a few weeks ago. My wife and I have been somewhat into survival for a few years now, I mostly hang out at the AR15.com survival forum.

I got laid off two weeks ago, about the time I started listening. A few days after that I caught the pod cast where Jack was talking to his painter buddy about debt, and that really hit home. He stated that when he was in his younger years (I am 24) that he had to pull himself out of debt to open his eyes. Well that is where I am now. My wife and I are changing the way we live, and I just wanted to thank Jack for his eloquent way of putting everything into perspective.

Thanks for the show, most of what I hear is spot on, and you put into words some of what I feel and see.

PS I really liked the ep on the Federal Reserve.

--- End quote ---

ElyasWolff-

I agree with your thoughts of Jack's ability to put things into perspective in a thoughtful and rational way.  While I'm not one to give advice on financial matters, Dave Ramsey is.  The link is to the web version of his daily radio show.  Jack actually mentioned him in today's podcast.  I've found that Dave has a similair outlook in financial matters, that debt is a cancer, and credit is a curse.  He gives level headed advice with real, practical plans to get out of debt.  I've read one of his books and I've started to pay off my credit card debt using his "debt snowball method."  You might find his insight helpful.  I'll repost this info in one of the financial threads as well. 

Good luck to you, and see you around the boards! 

ElyasWolff:
DrGonzo: Thanks for the link.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version