Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > The Airsoft Forum

ATF seizes airsoft rifles, says they can be converted to machine guns

<< < (2/6) > >>

Orionblade:
I've seen airsoft M-16's with aluminum recievers. I would imagine that someone could toss an upper reciever on it with some modifications, but you'd have to BUY AN UPPER RECIEVER.

And that's assuming the threads and all would match up, and that you wouldn't have to do a bunch of machining to get the internals to fit... etc. etc. etc. etc.

What a load of crap.

He probbably pissed in someone's wheaties a while back, or has a whiny neighbor.

*dies in a fire*

union hill:
There was a very similar story about airsoft guns being seized in Tacoma, WA. They looked pretty nice, being a gas blowback instead of electric design, and the manufacturer had neglected to ship them with orange barrel tips, but the idea that they could be converted to "machine guns" with new internal parts was pretty ridiculous.

Goober Pyle:
Agent Crenshaw was involved in the Tacoma seizure, he's the guy in the video. Same story.

There has already been a thread about this on TSPF.

http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=14684.msg163616#msg163616

everman7:
sadly I think the ATF is correct in their idea that these particular 'toys' CAN be converted to a machine gun.

I would prefer to hear from any forum moderators whether it's appropriate to post the how and why this can be done before posting.

Seeing as this is my first post here, I don't want to get into any trouble! ;)

everman7

p.s. Hello everyone!

Serellan:

--- Quote from: everman7 on March 31, 2010, 11:40:50 AM ---sadly I think the ATF is correct in their idea that these particular 'toys' CAN be converted to a machine gun.

I would prefer to hear from any forum moderators whether it's appropriate to post the how and why this can be done before posting.

Seeing as this is my first post here, I don't want to get into any trouble! ;)

everman7

p.s. Hello everyone!

--- End quote ---

Specific instructions would not be allowed.  Generally stating evidence that the ATF are not bumbling idiots they appear to be is fine.

I have quite a bit of experience with various airsoft guns, and do NOT believe any can be converted to be real guns.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version