Community & Regional Connections > Region Six

Lurker now a member in MO

<< < (2/3) > >>

HYRYSC:

--- Quote from: Scott on November 24, 2008, 12:17:33 AM ---Howdy HYRYSC! 

I don't work in Telecommunications specifically, but I work in a calibration lab and calibrate a lot of telecomm equipment.  Currently I live in L. A. and we're planning to escape and move to Missouri next May, after I marry my sweetie and she finishes law school.  How are tech jobs looking in MO these days? 

As far as a get together, after we've moved out that way next year I'll definitely be willing to drive and attend something.  An informal bbq would be a lot of fun.  If we wanted to do something a bit more grand... maybe one or two of us who have some skills could put on a little presentation, class, or something? 

--- End quote ---

Tech jobs are still about the same, so if you got some hard skills, you got a job. 

Kyle D:
Hello all. :)

I've been a lurker for just a little while as well, and I reside in Kansas City. I'm an interesting case as I'm quite the young pup, 23, and that is not all too common among the survival mindset. Most of those around me have better things to worry on about, and that's fine. I had once attempted a meet up, but unfortunate the group that was forming was mostly over 60. I have nothing against my elders, but was looking for some like minded folks that were a bit younger than that.

To anybody interested, lets fire up a conversation and get to know one another. I'm not of the tin foil hat variety (although we all surely have our moments  ;D) and am more interested in a safe future.

I'm towards the beginnings of my preparations, but I feel comfortable in the way that I'm going about what I want to do. Feel free to send me a private message or even an email at kyled85@hotmail.com, if you don't feel comfortable posting here.

Looking forward to hearing more!

Kyle D

DeltaEchoVictor:

--- Quote from: Kyle D on November 28, 2008, 06:19:35 PM ---Hello all. :)

I've been a lurker for just a little while as well, and I reside in Kansas City. I'm an interesting case as I'm quite the young pup, 23, and that is not all too common among the survival mindset. Most of those around me have better things to worry on about, and that's fine. I had once attempted a meet up, but unfortunate the group that was forming was mostly over 60. I have nothing against my elders, but was looking for some like minded folks that were a bit younger than that.

To anybody interested, lets fire up a conversation and get to know one another. I'm not of the tin foil hat variety (although we all surely have our moments  ;D) and am more interested in a safe future.

I'm towards the beginnings of my preparations, but I feel comfortable in the way that I'm going about what I want to do. Feel free to send me a private message or even an email at kyled85@hotmail.com, if you don't feel comfortable posting here.

Looking forward to hearing more!

Kyle D

--- End quote ---
Welcome aboard Kyle D.

I envy you your early start. +1

T Kehl:
HYRYSC, I live in Springfield near downtown.  I'm also fixing an old house (110 years).  I'll send a PM, but I'd like to talk with board locals as well.

To all, I think a MO or MO+ campout would be great!  The Rolla area also has some nice remote camp sites.  My favorite is one where the only radio station that comes in is an old time country one that I even heard play "the cat came back the very next day" song.  I did see a couple planes and there were four cars that went by in the weekend I was there.  And it still had a latrine! 

T Kehl:
Amen Brutha!  When I was in collage I would go to South Ave. in the late part of the lunch buffet and they usually sent me home with a box of leftovers that they were about to throw out.  Really helped stretch the budget.

I've got to give some love to The Mudhouse and cashew chicken at every street-corner!   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version