News > General News

The George Floyd riots in Mpls

<< < (2/80) > >>

David in MN:
Well I'm no defender of Minneapolis PD which has long been a strongarm group of thugs and I can't rationalize that "forgery" led to a death but I am a little afraid of the response as well.

We don't have any love for Minneapolis police because of the times they laughed about my wife getting mugged, mocked me for reporting a stolen bicycle, and the time an officer castigated us for 10 minutes after we had flagged him to report what looked like a homeless man having a seizure in the river. Yup, yelled at us for being out too late while likely letting someone drown while we were in tears begging for help. No love lost there.

You've got to remember what a disaster the downtown LEO situation is. Minneapolis has the sad distinction that one of its police chiefs openly said that the police had lost the good will of the community. Our former county sheriff, Rich Stanek, was tapped by Obama to pursue gun bans. To say that the downtown LEO community is off the rails is not a big stretch and it has been for some time. Now that I spend most of my time in Anoka it's like night and day. Hennepin needs to clean house.

All that said, the riots are just one more reason to never, ever go downtown.

Morning Sunshine:

--- Quote from: David in MN on May 28, 2020, 09:07:04 AM ---Well I'm no defender of Minneapolis PD which has long been a strongarm group of thugs and I can't rationalize that "forgery" led to a death but I am a little afraid of the response as well.

--- End quote ---

I remember you saying a while back that the MPD has a serious corruption problem.  I was wondering about your take on this.

--- Quote from: iam4liberty on May 28, 2020, 08:02:09 AM --- :sarcasm:  Stealing 70 inch flatscreen TVs and burning down places of business is all about securing justice for George Floyd.  ::)

--- End quote ---

and this is why I do not support things like black lives matter.  If it was the LIVES that mattered, they would be acting more like Dr. King.  I saw a picture of his peaceful - prayerful - protests recently, and thought "I could join and support THIS."

David in MN:

--- Quote from: Morning Sunshine on May 28, 2020, 09:24:03 AM ---I remember you saying a while back that the MPD has a serious corruption problem.  I was wondering about your take on this.

--- End quote ---

While the corporate media and agenda driven politicians  will hype up the racial aspect which may or may not have been a factor I see something different. Minneapolis PD somehow managed to turn a situation of a forged $10 bill which we don't know the history of (could be the victim had it passed to him innocently) into a situation where a man lost his life. Over $10. That's pathetic.

You don't see these issues out of the Twin Cities. Even St. Paul is a little better than Minneapolis. As a benchmark, Minneapolis is the only police department in the state that actively uses civil asset forfeiture.

I also don't hold a lot of hope for the civilian leadership. the mayor if Minneapolis is, much like most of his predecessors, a very lost little guy with a permanent "deer in headlights" look intent on saving the world through bike paths. He spinelessly demanded an investigation. Dude, you're the mayor. If you want changes implement them.

Carver:
The racial aspect is feeding special interest groups, but I see this more as a rogue killer cop situation. Jesse Jackson is coming to town, Al Sharpton will have something to say, and Minneapolis will go into full blown self-loathing over their racism. The media will open up their files and pull out all their editorials blaming racism on Trump, conservatives, Christians, Christopher Columbus, Republicans, Thomas Jefferson....

Minneapolis will be forced to remember Memorial Day as "George Floyd Day".

iam4liberty:

--- Quote from: Carver on May 28, 2020, 12:03:54 PM ---The racial aspect is feeding special interest groups, but I see this more as a rogue killer cop situation. Jesse Jackson is coming to town, Al Sharpton will have something to say, and Minneapolis will go into full blown self-loathing over their racism.

--- End quote ---

They are late to the party. From radio, the violent riots and fire bombing (not the peaceful protests earlier) were led by Ilhan Omar's daughter, Isra Hirsi.  Omar Ilhan called for police not to interfere tweeting "We can rebuild, but we cannot bring back lives."  Several innocent people were beaten, stabbed, and shot dead. From what his friends have said about him, i cant imagine that George Floyd would have wanted all this violence done in his name. 

Another thing, what is going on with the one police officer not being charged yet?  The video is very clear that Floyd was complying. And the four officers have already been fired.   Are they purposely delaying his charges to keep the riots going?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version