Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Primitive Skills & Earth Skills

Fire Puck Field Review Video

(1/1)

Wingman115:
Here's a video that I did on a new item called the Fire Puck. You might want to check this item out for your kit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LabVJPv0cY&list=UU4bF-SK9pxPTEJsPFkURNNQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Nicodemus:
Thanks for sharing the review, wingman. The Fire Puck looks like a solid piece of kit that could easily save a life. +1

Hopefully this is an item that the stores at the Fire Puck website will start to carry physically instead of only offering online because shipping makes these cost ineffective compared to what I carry now. The pucks can cost  $23.94 (Overstock), $27.00 (Meijer) and $29.61 (Home Depot) for a pack of six, which breaks down to $3.99, $4.50 and $4.94 per puck respectively.

I have an Orion Safety Road Flare Kit with 6 20 minute flares that cost me $15.00 which breaks down to $2.50 a flare.

I will say that the Fire Puck appears to have a burning surface area advantage over a flare though.

Wingman115:

--- Quote from: Nicodemus on April 07, 2012, 07:07:23 AM ---Thanks for sharing the review, wingman. The Fire Puck looks like a solid piece of kit that could easily save a life.

Hopefully this is an item that the stores at the Fire Puck website will start to carry physically instead of only offering online because shipping makes these cost ineffective compared to what I carry now. The pucks can cost  $23.94 (Overstock), $27.00 (Meijer) and $29.61 (Home Depot) for a pack of six, which breaks down to $3.99, $4.50 and $4.94 per puck respectively.

I have an Orion Safety Road Flare Kit with 6 20 minute flares that cost me $15.00 which breaks down to $2.50 a flare.

I will say that the Fire Puck appears to have a burning surface area advantage over a flare though.

--- End quote ---
I'm hoping that as more stores carry the item the price will go down or maybe offer a single unit for sale.

Wingman115:

--- Quote from: Nicodemus on April 07, 2012, 07:07:23 AM ---Thanks for sharing the review, wingman. The Fire Puck looks like a solid piece of kit that could easily save a life. +1

--- End quote ---

Just a bit of info to clear up a few things about the Fire Pucks. The Fire Puck is made of eco-friendly organic materials. A road flare has toxic fumes due to the sulfur in it. So you could start your bbq charcoal with is and it would be fine.

Josh the Aspie:
Hmmm.  Any info on how long it burns?  I'm not finding it on any of the text and image sites I can access atm.

If it can be used for lighting fires for food, OR for road-side emergency signaling, I think the multi-utility there is worth it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version