Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Edged Weapons and Tools

Knives to go with you

<< < (17/17)

Carl:
Found a NEW  carry knife to replace my much loved MORA.

http://www.amazon.com/Morakniv-Craftline-Robust-Carbon-Sheath/dp/B00SROLRDK?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

Yep,another MORA,with thicker,taller,longer (slightly) blade and $15 bargain.

David in MN:

--- Quote from: FreeLancer on April 11, 2016, 10:40:32 PM ---Found a clip I can live with, albeit at a ridiculously high price:  http://www.amazon.com/Keychain-Clip-Multi-Purpose-Suspension/dp/B00LHFOT3Q?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01

It's a nicely finished bead blasted stainless steel, carries well, and only has about an inch of clip showing.

--- End quote ---

I ordered one.. I'm not on prime though so it will be a week. I'll follow up. I figure 2 for $18 isn't a bad deal if it lasts a lifetime.

David in MN:

--- Quote from: FreeLancer on April 11, 2016, 10:40:32 PM ---Found a clip I can live with, albeit at a ridiculously high price:  http://www.amazon.com/Keychain-Clip-Multi-Purpose-Suspension/dp/B00LHFOT3Q?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01

It's a nicely finished bead blasted stainless steel, carries well, and only has about an inch of clip showing.

--- End quote ---

OK.. my thoughts.

First off, it came incomplete. It should have 2 hooks, 2 small key rings, and 2 keychain clips. I only got 1 clip. No big deal, I'd likely throw them both out anyway. I only cared about the pocket hooks.

They're little. I mean tiny. If you want something the average person won't see this is it. But the geometry is really good. While I can't put the hook into my pocket one handed I can pinch it and draw the Outrider one handed. Not bad. And the vertical position in my pocket makes it more comfortable to carry. It's so little and well rounded that I don't even notice if it flips into my palm while gripping the knife (though I do have rather large gorilla palms with stubby crooked oft-broken fingers).

Bottom line... It's a good solution if you, like me, find that a SAK is the best choice in an EDC blade. Their lack of a good pocket clip has been an Achilles heel but this is a good compromise. Bear in mind that this is NOT ideal if you want your pocket knife to draw in 0.00003 seconds for zombie dispatching. But for a comfortable multi-tool it's a pretty good setup.

FreeLancer:

--- Quote from: David in MN on April 19, 2016, 02:53:13 PM ---OK.. my thoughts.

First off, it came incomplete. It should have 2 hooks, 2 small key rings, and 2 keychain clips. I only got 1 clip. No big deal, I'd likely throw them both out anyway. I only cared about the pocket hooks.

They're little. I mean tiny. If you want something the average person won't see this is it. But the geometry is really good. While I can't put the hook into my pocket one handed I can pinch it and draw the Outrider one handed. Not bad. And the vertical position in my pocket makes it more comfortable to carry. It's so little and well rounded that I don't even notice if it flips into my palm while gripping the knife (though I do have rather large gorilla palms with stubby crooked oft-broken fingers).

Bottom line... It's a good solution if you, like me, find that a SAK is the best choice in an EDC blade. Their lack of a good pocket clip has been an Achilles heel but this is a good compromise. Bear in mind that this is NOT ideal if you want your pocket knife to draw in 0.00003 seconds for zombie dispatching. But for a comfortable multi-tool it's a pretty good setup.

--- End quote ---

Yep. Almost 2 weeks in and I'm carrying the Outrider in all situations with zero problems. I think I could even step up to the Hercules with this clip.

mountainmoma:
I have a little Buker Magnum folder  (liner locked) in the outer pocket of my purse, got on super sale a few years ago, Sierra trading Post, so my kids all got one in their stocking.

I like Mora Knives for utility knives, I have forgotten and had one in my purse, but now remember not to. So, I thought, since I dont where a belt, why cant I have a purse with an outer sheath ? ANd, I dont even own a better knife or sheath knife (like a buck knife or something). So, I have been given a nice sheath knife, but I think people may think it is scary, so it will be a go with me knife for around the yard, camping and non-city uses. I think the Mora knives look less scary than a sturdier knife to others is something I will keep in mind

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version