Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Edged Weapons and Tools

In search of the greatest EDC folder!

(1/8) > >>

shaunw8lftr:
Discuss   :)

I know there are other topics that are like this on here but I thought I would refresh and look for new feedback.... whats new and good what old and true..

Thanks

Shaun

Oldhomestead:
I think that question comes down to almost pure personal opinion and really depends on what you CAN carry where you are.

For instance, at my job (office environment for a large insurance company) even pocket knives are prohibited. However I do carry a small three-bladed Old Timer pocket knife simply because I feel naked without it after having one in my pocket for 30 years.

Down in the truck, my GHB has a One Hand Trekker from Victorinox (http://www.victorinox.com/us/product/Swiss-Army-Knives/Category/Hunting/One-Hand-Trekker-Black-Blade/54884) and I carry that anytime I’m not at work. It has worked for me without fail for years.

flyfisher66048:
Cold steel voyager or a spyderco with a plain blade.

inconel710:
I bet you're the guy that always starts the 9mm vs 45ACP debate. :)

I carry a SAK Pioneer Alox, but I'm in an office environment on a military base.  Someday, I'll upgrade to a SAK Farmer Alox to get the saw blade.

For a working blade, the Kershaw "Needs Work" is pretty nice.  A little thick in the handle for dress slacks, but a good grip and hard working blade.

If I had the $$$, there would be a Zero Tolerance folder in my pockets.  Those are some nice looking blades and everyone I know that has one raves about it.

shaunw8lftr:

--- Quote from: inconel710 on January 06, 2014, 10:01:00 AM ---I bet you're the guy that always starts the 9mm vs 45ACP debate. :)

I carry a SAK Pioneer Alox, but I'm in an office environment on a military base.  Someday, I'll upgrade to a SAK Farmer Alox to get the saw blade.

For a working blade, the Kershaw "Needs Work" is pretty nice.  A little thick in the handle for dress slacks, but a good grip and hard working blade.

If I had the $$$, there would be a Zero Tolerance folder in my pockets.  Those are some nice looking blades and everyone I know that has one raves about it.

--- End quote ---

LOL!  No... I know where I stand on that one... but I am on the quest for the perfect knife...  I suppose cost is an issue... it would be hard to put past the wife a 140+ dollar pocket knife....  those Zero tolerance knives look sweet though.....

I like the idea of an assisted open.  Any of you guys have experience with the SOG trident?  Looks good price is right....?  I am digging on a cold steel too.... I may buy them both but please.... don't tell the wife!  Of course then I'd be doling out almost as much as a XZT.....  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version