Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Storage

Vacuum Sealer

(1/3) > >>

Jon1967:
Been talking to my dad and a friend on Vacuum Sealer.  I know Jack reccomended one I think from Cabela's.  Anyone drop the name?

Stwood:

Only one I'm familiar with is one model of FoodSaver, which I don't recommend.
Newer may be better, I don't know.

LvsChant:

--- Quote from: Stwood on August 29, 2020, 08:33:06 AM ---Only one I'm familiar with is one model of FoodSaver, which I don't recommend.
Newer may be better, I don't know.

--- End quote ---

I've had a foodsaver for many years (more than 10) and it continues to work like a champ. However, if you store it in the closed position, you will not be happy with it. My mom had one that she stored improperly and it only lasted a year or so.

Jack used to have interviews with Tammy from Dehydrate2store.com and maybe that is what you are thinking of. She recommends this vacuum sealer: https://smile.amazon.com/Weston-Pro-2300-Commercial-Stainless-65-0201/dp/B001GP81R2/

Stwood:
 8)

Good looking stainless unit. Wonder if it has a hose attachment. I didn't see one, or I missed it

Redman:
I use the handheld Freshsaver unit and the Food Saver vacuum seal bags. The bags are reusable just wash them out. Bags come it quart and gallon sizes. The unit is battery operated. Rechargeable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version