Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Food Storage

Vacuum Seal Mason jars W/O special lids

(1/16) > >>

idelphic:
Moving things around in the basement today, I wondered getting a new sealer so I can package dry items in jars (rice, pasta,..)

In talking with DW,.. she mentioned no interest in getting special - eXPENSIVE lids,.. I agree.

Is there a sealer that will use the normal mason jar lids but with a cold vacuum?

TwoBluesMama:

--- Quote from: idelphic on November 22, 2009, 02:08:48 PM ---Moving things around in the basement today, I wondered getting a new sealer so I can package dry items in jars (rice, pasta,..)

In talking with DW,.. she mentioned no interest in getting special - eXPENSIVE lids,.. I agree.

Is there a sealer that will use the normal mason jar lids but with a cold vacuum?

--- End quote ---

idelphic - I am working on putting together some pics of the sealer we use.  It is so inexpensive and works wonderfully. It will even reseal reused jars from other foods like spaghetti sauce, etc.  Will try to get them downloaded and up in the either tomorrow or Tuesday at latest.  TBM 

Red Dog:
The Foodsaver uses the regular lids. The white attachment that they sell goes on over the regular lid and is then removed once the vacuum is drawn.

TwoBluesMama:

--- Quote from: Red Dog on November 22, 2009, 03:48:14 PM ---The Foodsaver uses the regular lids. The white attachment that they sell goes on over the regular lid and is then removed once the vacuum is drawn.

--- End quote ---

The one I was telling idelphic about doesn't use electricity. I have the food saver and I think this one works better. I promise I'll have pics and info tomorrow. TBM

idelphic:

--- Quote from: Red Dog on November 22, 2009, 03:48:14 PM ---The Foodsaver uses the regular lids. The white attachment that they sell goes on over the regular lid and is then removed once the vacuum is drawn.

--- End quote ---
Is this the thingie RD?
    Shame no instructions on it really..
http://www.foodsaver.com/Product.aspx?id=c&cid=89&pid=270

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version