Author Topic: Ruger BX Trigger  (Read 4496 times)

Offline exSun

• Prepper
  • Old and in the way!
Ruger BX Trigger
« on: December 27, 2014, 10:17:38 AM »
The new Ruger BX-Trigger for 10/22s should be quite the thing for turning OK rifles into tackdrivers!

Offline Smurf Hunter

• Survival Veteran
Re: Ruger BX Trigger
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 10:52:12 AM »
I like the idea of Ruger doing this. The BX-25 magazine was a hit, even if I don't often use mine.

I still have the stock 10/22 trigger group, but I've polished the contact surfaces of the hammer and sear.  It makes a better break, BUT I still dislike the squishy reset afterwards.

This isn't high on my list, but if it's even 75% as a Kidd of Volquartsen it's a good value.

Offline Carl

• Mr HamTastic!
  • Forum Veteran
  • COW?...No ,I haven't seen your cow.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 11:07:28 AM »
I like the idea of Ruger doing this. The BX-25 magazine was a hit, even if I don't often use mine.

I still have the stock 10/22 trigger group, but I've polished the contact surfaces of the hammer and sear.  It makes a better break, BUT I still dislike the squishy reset afterwards.

This isn't high on my list, but if it's even 75% as a Kidd of Volquartsen it's a good value.

Get a METAL trigger group from GUN PARTS and a spring kit,do a little stone work as many places show how...and learn how your rifle works...the PLASTIC trigger housing really is not stable enough for a 2 pound trigger to be safe.

Offline Fyrediver

• Survivalist Mentor
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 11:27:10 AM »
Glad Ruger's doing this!  I've already upgraded my triggers with Volquartsen components and shims from Trigger shims.  Would have been nice to just buy a drop in unit!  Perhaps if I get a new Charger . . .

Another thing that helps is shimming the trigger components to reduce their drag and center them properly.  It reduces sideways waggle and really smooths out the movement.

http://triggershims.com

Offline Scojo

• Fledgling Prepper
  • New TSP Forum member
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 01:11:14 AM »
Glad Ruger's doing this!  I've already upgraded my triggers with Volquartsen components and shims from Trigger shims.  Would have been nice to just buy a drop in unit!  Perhaps if I get a new Charger . . .

Another thing that helps is shimming the trigger components to reduce their drag and center them properly.  It reduces sideways waggle and really smooths out the movement.

http://triggershims.com

Thanks, I'm going to check this out. I've messed with mine a little already, but this seems like it could be an easy tweak.