Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > The .22 Caliber Rifle: An Essential Homestead Firearm

Ruger BX Trigger

(1/1)

exSun:
The new Ruger BX-Trigger for 10/22s should be quite the thing for turning OK rifles into tackdrivers!

Smurf Hunter:
I like the idea of Ruger doing this. The BX-25 magazine was a hit, even if I don't often use mine.

I still have the stock 10/22 trigger group, but I've polished the contact surfaces of the hammer and sear.  It makes a better break, BUT I still dislike the squishy reset afterwards.

This isn't high on my list, but if it's even 75% as a Kidd of Volquartsen it's a good value.

Carl:

--- Quote from: Smurf Hunter on December 27, 2014, 10:52:12 AM ---I like the idea of Ruger doing this. The BX-25 magazine was a hit, even if I don't often use mine.

I still have the stock 10/22 trigger group, but I've polished the contact surfaces of the hammer and sear.  It makes a better break, BUT I still dislike the squishy reset afterwards.

This isn't high on my list, but if it's even 75% as a Kidd of Volquartsen it's a good value.

--- End quote ---

Get a METAL trigger group from GUN PARTS and a spring kit,do a little stone work as many places show how...and learn how your rifle works...the PLASTIC trigger housing really is not stable enough for a 2 pound trigger to be safe.

Fyrediver:
Glad Ruger's doing this!  I've already upgraded my triggers with Volquartsen components and shims from Trigger shims.  Would have been nice to just buy a drop in unit!  Perhaps if I get a new Charger . . .

Another thing that helps is shimming the trigger components to reduce their drag and center them properly.  It reduces sideways waggle and really smooths out the movement.

http://triggershims.com

Scojo:

--- Quote from: Fyrediver on December 27, 2014, 11:27:10 AM ---Glad Ruger's doing this!  I've already upgraded my triggers with Volquartsen components and shims from Trigger shims.  Would have been nice to just buy a drop in unit!  Perhaps if I get a new Charger . . .

Another thing that helps is shimming the trigger components to reduce their drag and center them properly.  It reduces sideways waggle and really smooths out the movement.

http://triggershims.com

--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'm going to check this out. I've messed with mine a little already, but this seems like it could be an easy tweak.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version