Energy Options > Other Energy Sources

kind of cool pedal purifier

(1/2) > >>

minrlwtr:
News: Aquaduct Bike Purifies Water As You Pedal 2008-10-09 13:42
why

from the arrive-thirsty dept.

Mike writes "Winner of the '08 Innovate or Die competition sponsored by Google and Specialized, the Aquaduct is a pedal-powered concept vehicle that transports, filters, and stores water. The design has massive implications for communities where safe and secure sources of drinking water are not readily accessible."   http://www.inhabitat.com/2008/10/08/aquaduct-bike-purifies-water-as-you-pedal/

DarkEyes:
That is the coolest thing I have ever seen, and it's such a simple concept.  Wish I had thought of it.

Mr.Riley:
I honestly think its dumb... but not because of its function but because of its look. Sorry im a visual person

DarkEyes:
I wonder if you could convert that to a hydro electric bike?  Then you could generate electricity, maybe just enough to charge batteries, and purify your water at the same time.

IRKCOD:
Yes the concept is 'cool'

As far as to question regarding the  generating of power to recharge batteries: Back in the 'dark ages' we had to ride bikes to school and part of the standard bike equipment was a Dynamo to operate the front and rear lights.
The small Dynamo which was depressed against the tyre to generate the electric current when required. 
 Can't see why such a system couldn't be used on either a road or exercise bike to trickle charge batteries for later use.
 :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version