Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Lady Survivors

Seasonal Affective Disorder what helps you?

<< < (2/12) > >>

Sarey:
Thank you for giving me a few more ideas. I spend as much time in the sun as I can get it just seems that it isn't enough. Ultimately it would be ideal if I could take a page out of the bears book and hibernate but we just don't tick that way.

Also extra vitamins and as many veggies as I can get are on my to do list. Hopefully this season will be better.

Roundabouts:
I get out side as much as possible however that is not enough living in the PNW.   I try to have my chairs sitting near a window.  There is much research on Vit D that work great for me.  If you have your blood tested you may find that you are way low.  I take 10000IU a day along with b vit that really helps.  Lots of water at least 1/2 oz per pound of body weight per day. 

Paint the inside of your house white or a light yellow get rid of dark colors.  Orange is the happiest color yellow the brightest and most reflective also a color that helps your remember, then a form of white.  Painting your ceilings  a very very light pale blue like sky can help.  If you live in an apartment and can't paint. Get flat white cheap sheets  paint them or dye them (paint works better) and hang them up.  Looks like painted walls or high end linen wall paper. 

Wheat grass also helps and is easy to grow in your house.  The press can be on the $$ side but I feel is worth it.  Working out and getting your blood pumping I mean really pumping is also very very helpful.  On the days I just can't get going I will go to a tanning bed for about 30 seconds.  That is usually enough to charge my batteries for a week or better.  The most I have ever had to do that was 3 times in one winter season it was a bad year.  Usually once or twice a season works for me.   

I have not had that much luck with the light bulbs.  In my house I have regular bulbs that are rated natural light.  I also use florescent tubes in my studio 1/2 warm 1/2 cool.  The luxes are not there but it helps. Plants like it too.   Eating more live foods than dead foods.  Meaning foods that grow that way vs processed. (I am a chip junky it's hard not to have them from time to time)  The Paleo solution may help you too.  To new for me to say for sure.

Everything seems to help a bit the more I do the better I feel.  The biggest helps for me are Vit D water working out and happy environment (paint colors).

nature_sprite:
hey you don't need a special light box for full spectrum lighting. they sell bulbs to go in any lamp you have handy in your home. also bulbs sold in pet stores for lizards are full spectrum lighting. lizards will die far sooner without full spectrum lighting.

full spectrum lighting contains all colors of the spectrum.

flouresants contains only green and yellow... one reason why they are dangerous for humans. even those without SAD can get headaches, drain your energy and studies have proven humans devolop cavities by an extreme percentage than those to use only full spectrum.

these new mercury/spiraly bulbs are DISASTEROUS for humans. and they are making them mandatory in usa within a couple years. it's to my understanding halogen may still be available, but heard that full spectrum will be off the market for humans.
if you haven't heard the dangers on these mercurys.... youtube it. or i'll try to find the link for anyone. it's the absolute truth how these mercury bulbs wack us out...1000 times worse than flourestants.

even though the sun doesn't shine as brightly in winter time... the suns energy is still available.
i highly suggest to sit outside and go into medative mode and draw the suns energy into your field and allow it's energy to fill you up. i've done this many times and it works!!! i learned from another this technique.

also SAD can be mind over matter and every human and being alive has mind over matter. draw your strength within to not allow anything to bring you down. we all have the source to overcome the negative.

halogen bulbs are simular to full spectrum bulbs. they cost a lot but last longer and worth the money as same as full spectrum bulbs. worth every penny.

KellyAnn:

--- Quote from: Roundabouts on October 19, 2011, 09:40:41 AM ---I have not had that much luck with the light bulbs.  In my house I have regular bulbs that are rated natural light.  I also use florescent tubes in my studio 1/2 warm 1/2 cool.  The luxes are not there but it helps. Plants like it too.   Eating more live foods than dead foods.  Meaning foods that grow that way vs processed. (I am a chip junky it's hard not to have them from time to time)  The Paleo solution may help you too.  To new for me to say for sure.

--- End quote ---

Have you tried kale chips?
My husband and I really like them.

mikem:
Haha no help here, in Seattle we have SAD year round  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version