Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > The .22 Caliber Rifle: An Essential Homestead Firearm

A good bolt action .22lr?

<< < (2/10) > >>

OLD DUDE:
+1 for the CZ

PistolWhipped:
I was in Walmart yesterday, and saw a Savage Mark II in synthetic furniture for $135.  And they come with that FANTASTIC Accu-trigger.  It's competing with my desire to buy a Marlin at this point.

Dan:
Buddy of mine has a Savage Mark II FVT (Peep sights) and it’s a real nice rifle for the money.

TMUSCLE:

--- Quote from: PistolWhipped on March 31, 2010, 10:25:20 PM ---I was in Walmart yesterday, and saw a Savage Mark II in synthetic furniture for $135.  And they come with that FANTASTIC Accu-trigger.  It's competing with my desire to buy a Marlin at this point.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I know Savage makes some great bolt guns.  Thanks for this tip because I had totally forgotten about them!  Have you shot one with the accutrigger?  How are the sights on it? 

PistolWhipped:
Why yes I have, albiet it was the one with wood furniture.  Sights were a pretty standard notch and post deal, but the wood one had a raised comb (made it a little tough to get my fat head all the way behind the sights), and practically begged for a little 4x Bushnell or Barska on top.  Trigger was like all Savage Accu-triggers, one of my favorites.  You can take them from 4.5 pounds down to around 2 pounds (which for a guy used to an AK and handguns, is almost scary light), and they are nice and crisp.

Here's a gunblast review of the Mark II.

http://www.gunblast.com/Savage-MarkIIBV22.htm

The Walmart model is the thinner sporter barrel instead of a bull target barrel, but that'll make it easier to carry when hunting tree rats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version