Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > The .22 Caliber Rifle: An Essential Homestead Firearm

A good bolt action .22lr?

<< < (10/10)

exSun:
I just got a Ruger American Rimfire Target model. It uses the rotary magazine, which I like. I've had trouble with Marlin magazines cutting my fingers during rapid reloads (for an Appleseed). And I had an old A-Bolt .22 that couldn't feed a round at any fast pace - the lips of the original 5 round and replacement 15 round magazines just couldn't precisely position the cartridge. So I am hoping the Ruger (https://ruger.com/products/americanRimfireTarget/models.html) with its 10 round rotary mag will do the trick.

By the way, it comes with a sort of Ruger "Pickatinny Rail" on it. I have several scopes set up with tip-off rings, but not one spare set of Pickatiny rings. Then I noticed a sort of groove under the rail. The rail came off easily (four Torx T-10 head 6-48 screws) and that revealed the standard Ruger grooves for .22LR. Got the scope mounted up - now to sight it in.  I wonder why none of the Ruger literature, or any of the reviews, mentioned the tip-off grooves?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version