Farm, Garden and The Land > Gardening and Agriculture

Kratky Containers

(1/2) > >>

flynnguy:
I'm surprised there isn't more Kratky discussions on here but I found what I think is an ingenious container for herbs and small plants. Soda/Beer cans, especially the new 19.2oz ones. Using a regular can opener, you can remove the top (without leaving any jagged edges) and it fits a 2" net cup perfectly.

I'm just getting started with hydro/kratky but I think these will work well, the only real downside is they are light and might tip over easily. However, you could put them in a 6 pack holder which would probably help. I dunno, I'm gonna give it a shot.

Stwood:
Kratky. Something I'm not familiar with.

LvsChant:
I think it is something Jack Spirko is talking about on the podcast... he also put out a YT vid on making the Kratky containers... it is apparently a hydroponics system. Here is his intro podcast about it: http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/kratky-hydroponics-intro

goldbugger:
So I have been studying Jack's setup and Kratky. I assume Jack is using the large containers so that there is less work than maintaining individual cans? The added circulation system to help make it more hands-free? Really touch to find large plastic containers with low profile, at least online at the moment.

LvsChant:
Just looking at all the pump, containers, pvc pipes, etc.... I'm thinking those are going to be some very expensive tomatoes... just sayin'

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version