Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Fiction and Non-Fiction Books/Magazines

299 Days: A realistic view of what could and probably will come

<< < (96/96)

Cedar:

--- Quote from: chad on March 17, 2015, 07:13:20 PM ---The author of 299 days is "Heavy G" on this forum, he's not posted in awhile  :(

--- End quote ---

I email him once in awhile to make sure he is still upright. He replies, so I presume he is.

Cedar

designergirl28:

--- Quote from: Smurf Hunter on March 18, 2015, 10:19:56 AM ---I've read the whole series, met "Heavy G" once in person and a couple of the characters as well.  Very enjoyable read overall.

Reading stuff being "real"...

To be more accurate, 3/4 of Book One may be "real", and a good number of the characters are based on "real" people from what I understand.

Given that 9.25 of the books are set during a political/economic collapse that has yet to happen, I take some objection to calling it reality.

"Pow" is an actual dude, and a very nice guy at that.  However, last I knew he hadn't raided any meth houses, cleared rooms with a real threat of hostilities - let alone had to kill another human in anger.

I mention all this because, as preppers if we convince ourselves that these things will eventually take place, we risk it becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

--- End quote ---

I meant more that I thought the Podcast in the book was fictional too. Something in the second read through triggered a memory of a mention of it someplace else and I thought I would try and find the podcast that was the inspiration of the one in the book so I was so surprised to realize it wasn't really a inspiration, but a real podcast.  Oh geeze that was a long drawn out sentience, I think I need some sleep. 

Smurf Hunter:

--- Quote from: designergirl28 on March 18, 2015, 11:13:42 AM ---I meant more that I thought the Podcast in the book was fictional too. Something in the second read through triggered a memory of a mention of it someplace else and I thought I would try and find the podcast that was the inspiration of the one in the book so I was so surprised to realize it wasn't really a inspiration, but a real podcast.  Oh geeze that was a long drawn out sentience, I think I need some sleep.

--- End quote ---

Yes.  In some small way, many of us at TSP are part of the problem :)

pokeshell:

--- Quote from: Smurf Hunter on March 18, 2015, 11:26:57 AM ---Yes.  In some small way, many of us at TSP are part of the problem :)

--- End quote ---

I found several ideas in the books that came from the flip your spouse , and the ammo shortages threads on TSB.

The 2 things I really took from the book, that I believe would be true is how fast police, LEO, and military would walk from their posts, and how out gunned the US military is vs the civilians.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version