Site Suggestions, Support and Resources > Fiction and Non-Fiction Books/Magazines

299 Days: A realistic view of what could and probably will come

<< < (95/96) > >>

Alan Georges:

--- Quote from: designergirl28 on March 17, 2015, 02:33:19 PM ---didnt realize that "TSP" was a real podcast till the second read through and thought I would just check to see if it was real. So far loving both the podcast and the forum!

--- End quote ---
[pokes own arm]  Yeah, we're real.  Welcome aboard!

chad:

--- Quote from: designergirl28 on March 17, 2015, 02:33:19 PM ---I just have to say I loved all 8 of them I have read so far. I have read them through twice and didnt realize that "TSP" was a real podcast till the second read through and thought I would just check to see if it was real. So far loving both the podcast and the forum!

--- End quote ---

We're all real...

The author of 299 days is "Heavy G" on this forum, he's not posted in awhile  :(

TexDaddy:

--- Quote from: chad on March 17, 2015, 07:13:20 PM ---We're all real...

--- End quote ---
I am not absolutely sure about that.  :tinfoily:

RitaRose1945:

--- Quote from: TexDaddy on March 17, 2015, 07:43:10 PM ---I am not absolutely sure about that.  :tinfoily:

--- End quote ---

:crazy:

Smurf Hunter:
I've read the whole series, met "Heavy G" once in person and a couple of the characters as well.  Very enjoyable read overall.

Reading stuff being "real"...

To be more accurate, 3/4 of Book One may be "real", and a good number of the characters are based on "real" people from what I understand.

Given that 9.25 of the books are set during a political/economic collapse that has yet to happen, I take some objection to calling it reality.

"Pow" is an actual dude, and a very nice guy at that.  However, last I knew he hadn't raided any meth houses, cleared rooms with a real threat of hostilities - let alone had to kill another human in anger.

I mention all this because, as preppers if we convince ourselves that these things will eventually take place, we risk it becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version