Community & Regional Connections > Region One

Region One Meet & Greet Information

<< < (4/5) > >>

Jeff NH:

--- Quote from: jdowie on June 13, 2012, 09:07:41 PM ---Hey, I'm new to this. I am in Derry NH, and would love to meet up with other homestaeders and share ideas/work/good times. We should really organize and build this community up.

--- End quote ---

Sorry I missed this when it was posted. Recent post caused this to pop to the top of the screen again. So far we've failed at a NH TSP specific meetup.
There are multiple liberty minded meetups that happen around the state on a regular basis. Certainly are people homesteading as well. You might be interested in coming to Liberty Forum in Feb in Nashua. Jack was here last year. He might come back this year. Last year was lots of great speakers on liberty & food topics including Joel Salatin as well as some NH folks.

AvonCTStyle:
 :) Hi from Hartford County CT.
I was sent to this forum from a member here who is a member with me over on a CT Meetup group that looks like it's dissolving since the leader quit & so far no one is stepping up to take over & the count down is 14 days & the meetup group will close down.

I'm a wife, mother of 2 adult children & now grandma of 2 grandsons. I grew up on a farm when I was young but have been living the city/suburban life since being grown up. I was a semi-prepper until after I got married because I grew up on a family homestead that kept stocked pantries but I got complacent going with the flow of my "cityslicker" husband.
As we got older we finally purchased our own home in Jan 09 we moved in & although I knew I wanted to make certain we purchased a home with a fireplace I totally forgot to also look for a pantry. I guess late 2009 early 2010 I started to get this feeling like I needed to start doing something but I wasn't certain what... then I discovered there were people out there who knew what I was talking about & the name for the lifestyle which I grew up in & I was introduced to "Prepping" & "Homesteading" & started finding the online forums, youtube & even the meetup groups which had a few meetings that were in areas that I could actually meet people in person to learn & relearn the skills I saw as a child done by my mother & Aunts & Uncles back on the farm.
I look forward to learning & sharing & hopefully meeting sometime in the future.  :D

Jeff NH:

--- Quote from: AvonCTStyle on December 01, 2012, 03:42:30 AM --- :) Hi from Hartford County CT.
I was sent to this forum from a member here who is a member with me over on a CT Meetup group that looks like it's dissolving since the leader quit & so far no one is stepping up to take over & the count down is 14 days & the meetup group will close down.

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear your existing group dissolving.  I'm about 2 hours from that general area (Southern NH. 2 Hours to City of Hartford) so a little too far away for any sort of regular non virtual interaction. Enjoy the forums. Hope you find others close by.

Getheart:
Hey all. New to the forums. I'm over in the Portland area of ME. Just starting some basic preps...feeling a little behind in the game, though surely ahead of the masses.

Anyways, Hello! Looking forward to meeting some locals.

Saint-TyR:
Welcome Getheart! It is good to see we are adding more to masses in Region 1. Take things one day at a time and don't get caught up in the daily news (panic).

Stay Safe,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version