Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Fishing

Catfish Trotline

<< < (2/3) > >>

jasperg357:
Heading home tomorrow morning,so far I have ended up with about 100 pounds of catfish fillets plus about 20 pounds of smaller catfish that I didn't fillet.

Tuxdad:
Had the pleasure of fishing on the Santee about 20 yrs ago.. Had fun, not counting the dadblamed gar..

How do you deal with them on the trotlines ??

jasperg357:
Caught two Gar on the trotline this year they were the only two I have caught in the three years I have been putting out trotlines on Santee, last year I caught three soft shell turtles.

4bull:
jasperg357 nice job on the fish , are they mostly channel? gars fine far to if eaten before its stone cold.
1 looked like a blue , i run limb lines for flats and cold water blues, then if the bait dies then any old channel will eat it.
i run trot lines down the banks for channel in the spring. 2 foot of water and 3 foot out.

shade heads for bait Ive caught 4 lb bass on the river. and a 2 lb croppie. you never know what you'll get.

jasperg357:
Pretty much just catch blues on the trotline with some channel cats and flatheads every now and then, I have my best luck using herring as bait. Sometimes you will catch a gar,turtle are eel.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version