Author Topic: Megadose vitamin C  (Read 863 times)

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
Megadose vitamin C
« on: June 15, 2020, 06:41:22 PM »
I have heard that taking large amounts of vitamin C can help ward off chronic fatigue and can have various health benefits, something like 1000mg a day. If it effects your digestive system then you would back off a bit from that. They have used megadose vitamin C to treat covid patients and it has good results I have heard

I also discovered that most of the vitamin C out there is synthetic and it's probably made from GMO corn. From my little bit of research, it appears that just buying powder derived from acerola cherry might be the best plant based option. It appears that one scoop contains about 800 mg of vitamin C and you can get 8 ounces of powder for $20 or $25.

I bought some cheap chewable vitamin C from trader joes but I think I may get the cherry powder. You can get capsules derived from the cherries but I hate poping capsules, I want something that is edible or chew-able

I was also studying hypothyroidism and my conclusion was that the best option is just to eat healthy, take vitamin/mineral supplements and try to lose any excess weight. I don't know if I have that but it's possible I have a touch of it

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Acerola-Cherries-Extract-Friendly/dp/B06XC72G8G

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D6VL4D2/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B07D6VL4D2&pd_rd_w=QPw7q&pf_rd_p=48d372c1-f7e1-4b8b-9d02-4bd86f5158c5&pd_rd_wg=5Untt&pf_rd_r=F38R4MPTKAEGHR2DWACB&pd_rd_r=cd5b1f28-a4b9-4970-8b5f-5325b2629bcd&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUlo4MDM3R1RNSFBFJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjMyMDQwWVJXOE5ZNTZHMTNJJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA3MDA1NTM5REpQRjhCRldaTTUmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWwmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

« Last Edit: June 15, 2020, 07:02:06 PM by surfivor »

Offline The Professor

• Tactical Skittle Assassin
  • Survival Demonstrator
  • All we have to do is create another universe
Re: Megadose vitamin C
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2020, 05:28:37 AM »
As part of my daily supplement routine, I take 2000 milligrams of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) every day.  Over the first six months, I notice a significant decrease in my triglyceride and LDL levels (admittedly, I also take other supplements that may affect those, as well).  For me, significant was an 18% decrease in six months with little change in diet.

I did, initially, have some upset stomach and loose stool, but that went away as, I assume, my body adapted to the increase in intake.  My mother took even higher daily doses of up to 4000 mg/day and live an extremely active and healthy life until her 80's.

I'm a big supporter of Vitamin C.

The Professor

Offline surfivor

• Survival Veteran
Re: Megadose vitamin C
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 09:30:24 AM »
As part of my daily supplement routine, I take 2000 milligrams of Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) every day.  Over the first six months, I notice a significant decrease in my triglyceride and LDL levels (admittedly, I also take other supplements that may affect those, as well).  For me, significant was an 18% decrease in six months with little change in diet.

I did, initially, have some upset stomach and loose stool, but that went away as, I assume, my body adapted to the increase in intake.  My mother took even higher daily doses of up to 4000 mg/day and live an extremely active and healthy life until her 80's.

I'm a big supporter of Vitamin C.

The Professor

That sounds encouraging, 4000 mg is pretty high but that's interesting