Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic

Covid- 19 Staycation What have odd things have you run out of?

(1/20) > >>

PorcupineKate:
I expected heavy cream and fresh fruit to be the first things we have run out of. 

I was wrong.   

I wasn't expecting to run out of black pepper corns, and coriander seeds. I am low on other spices but these to are critical.  My spice cabinet in general is rather decimated due to adding a bunch of new recipes to diet this year. I am running very low on my dehydrated herds from the garden so I will upping the number of plants for the herb garden.

Also going through my huge sewing stash I discovered I am all out of thin elastic.  A friend wanted some to make masks and I was shocked to discover I didn't have any to give her.

Morning Sunshine:
um... molasses.

my daughter makes us bread, but because we ran out of flour in February, I told her I would buy more when my local store has a case-lot sale: everything is way cheap by the bulk, and it is always in March (and late September).  Well, the case-lot started... and so did the panic buying.  So no white flour for her bread.
Her whole grain recipe is really good, but takes about a cup of molasses.  And we are low.  Maybe two more batches of bread.  I usually buy it by the gallon container cuz the store bottles are barely a batch  ::)

so.. yeah... molasses.

Greekman:
Brake Cleaner & single Core wire for some antenna builds

LvsChant:

--- Quote from: Morning Sunshine on March 21, 2020, 07:39:48 PM ---um... molasses.

my daughter makes us bread, but because we ran out of flour in February, I told her I would buy more when my local store has a case-lot sale: everything is way cheap by the bulk, and it is always in March (and late September).  Well, the case-lot started... and so did the panic buying.  So no white flour for her bread.
Her whole grain recipe is really good, but takes about a cup of molasses.  And we are low.  Maybe two more batches of bread.  I usually buy it by the gallon container cuz the store bottles are barely a batch  ::)

so.. yeah... molasses.

--- End quote ---

I'm betting you have other things to substitute, so all isn't lost :) (sorghum, honey, etc.)

Greekman:
Well, I found a hole in my preps....Living in an apartment means less storage space. With the general curfew starting tomorrow I had to make a run to my storage space to get the rest of the protective equipment, alcohol etc.
I was also caught with my jerry cans empty...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version