The TSP Marketplace > Western Botanicals - Sponsored Board

ALLERGIES

<< < (2/3) > >>

dflem62:
Hi Herbdoc,

I was hoping you could inform me on possible dangers of someone with allergies consuming bee pollen?  I assume this has something to do with your suggestion to only start with a few granules.  Is there anything to be legitimately worried about here?

Thanks!

herbdoc:
A very few people can be allergic to bee pollen.  Which is why you start with a small dose.  Anything that causes a strong reaction should be discontinued.  The purpose of the bee pollen is to expose you to minute quantities of the plants and trees that are causing the environmental allergies so that you body can build up a tolerance.  It is not much different than going to the MD for allergy shots.  They inject small but ever increasing amounts of the allergen so that you build a tolerance and resistance to the allergens. 

Is there anything to be legitimately worried about?  Not if you begin with a very small doses and gauge your reaction and tolerance.  If you don't react to a few granules then you should be okay.  If a few granules cause itching in the mouth, wheezing in the breath, itching and flushed skin or any other adverse reaction then you are the one in 10,000 that should not use bee pollen.

herbdoc

Rorschach:
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2006 Jul-Dec;20(3-4):47-52.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18187018

Role of quercetin (a natural herbal compound) in allergy and inflammation.
Shaik YB, Castellani ML, Perrella A, Conti F, Salini V, Tete S, Madhappan B, Vecchiet J, De Lutiis MA, Caraffa A, Cerulli G.

Department of Medicine, Section of Infectious Diseases, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA.

Abstract
An investigated flavonoid, quercetin, is reviewed in this article. Quercetin is a bioflavonoid found in red wine, grapefruit, onions, apples, black tea, and, in lesser amounts, in leafy green vegetables and beans. Quercetin has an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activity and prevents cancer. Quercitin inhibits the growth of certain malignant cells in vitro, and histamine and most cyclin-dependent kinases and also displays unique anticancer properties. Quercetin is a natural compound that blocks substances involved in allergies and is able to act as an inhibitor of mast cell secretion, causes a decrease in the release of tryptase, MCP-1 and IL-6 and the down-regulation of histidine decarboxylase (HDC) mRNA from few mast cell lines. Quercetin is a safe, natural therapy that may be used as primary therapy or in conjunction with conventional methods.

Allergy symptoms: 250 - 600 mg per day divided in several doses recommended by http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/quercetin-000322.htm

LvsChant:
Looking forward to trying some of these suggestions for my boy who has been suffering lately. Any particular recommendations for children? I just placed an order for many of the preparations you recommended.

OKGranny:

--- Quote from: lvschant on May 13, 2010, 10:38:16 AM ---Looking forward to trying some of these suggestions for my boy who has been suffering lately. Any particular recommendations for children? I just placed an order for many of the preparations you recommended.

--- End quote ---

Lcschant one thing I can recommend is getting him off anything and everything that has soy in it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version