Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > Emergency Preparations

I used my preps today...

<< < (3/216) > >>

Adam Campbell:
Sorry to hear about your unemployment. I was fired in 2009 for going to the hospital for the birth of my son. You never know when you will lose your job.

I had about 20lbs of pasta, tons of rice, and tons of canned foods and never went hungry while unemployed for 7 months.

rustyknife:
I carry my GHB in my big truck and use it several times each week to cook a meal, MH, or to wash up as I carry a small bottle of Dawn, wash cloth and small towel. I also carry fingernail clippers, foot powder and extra clothes. If it's been a long week I might rob some clothing item out of it.

It helps to get familiar with the gear and get use to finding things I need. Of course this also means that I have to resupply when I get home which is good training also.

SteveandTracyinKY:
Love it guys, keep the posts coming!

mikem:
Today one of the contractors helping build out our new office space addition got cracked in the head with a pipe – it created a good sized gash which was bleeding pretty hard. Went straight to the trauma kit in my EDC bag and got him sorted out. Some of my co-workers know that I like to be prepared, but I think it definitely put the importance of it in perspective for some (and weirded a few others out who had an obvious WTF moment when I broke out the sanitizer, clotting sponge, trauma dressing and cold compress from my 'work' bag  ::)).

Definitely another moment where I affirmed the value of what we do as preppers! There's been a couple of those this year.

Bradbn4:
Well the other day had a scheduled power outage at work - I guess a lot of folks forgot.  No issues - my edc flashlight came in handy.  I keep a backup flashlight at work + enough spare batteries to run the radio+.

Some folks thought it was odd I had one - all I had to do was point out you did get the two e-mail messages about the power outage, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version