Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > The Gear and Tool Review Board

Go TELE , looks like better than GoTenna

(1/2) > >>

Carl:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gotele-off-grid-tracking-device-for-any-adventure--4?utm_source=YouTube&utm_medium=joe_gotele&utm_campaign=mcw#/

Worth a look for you outdoor people.

Alan Georges:
It's like APRS slickified up and made practical for the masses.  Not a bad trick.  Wonder what its real range is?  Probably runs in MURS band?

Carl:

--- Quote from: Alan Georges on October 10, 2018, 05:49:23 PM ---It's like APRS slickified up and made practical for the masses.  Not a bad trick.  Wonder what its real range is?  Probably runs in MURS band?

--- End quote ---

I found it on an outdoors video and looked it up...the mentioned 5 to 6 Kilometers range....I know little more about it though they used it as GPS type locator and texted each other at about a mile....looks interesting for outdoor types and has a long....long battery life (48 hours was mentioned)

iam4liberty:
Not sure how this is better than gotenna or running APRS software on MURS.  They dont fill me with much confidence showing people carrying on belt and not giving specs on antenna. At that height and power distance will be horrible.

That was one advantage of gotenna, really great fractal antennas that they spent a ton of R&D on.  And all the reported app bugs in the comments also doesnt build confidence.

Anyone with hands on experience?

Carl:
  I was a bit impressed with the GPS and chat functions plus other options...as far as range,as the form and radio used will be effected by height above terrane and little else (Frequency and power have very little effect on range) so I was more impressed with the utility and functions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version