Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Every Day Carry (EDC) Gear

Pistol safe for daily use

<< < (2/4) > >>

theBINKYhunter:
OK... probably will end up with that one then. I like the idea of being able to bolt it down to be an additional deterrent.

David in MN:
I use a battery model. Just like the smoke detectors overhead and the flashlight next to the box. I've opened it twice in a hurry (multiple police cars in our dead end) and I like the fingerprint option.

I'd prefer the Cadillac (Fort Knox) but what I have works for me.

Fyrediver:
I'm a fan of the Shotlock safes.  Simple, mechanical, time tested lock; no batteries, no biometrics, no problems.  Variety of form factors.  Easy to open in the dark and it's quiet.  Have one for myself and my wife.  Great for when the grandkids are over.

https://www.shotlock.com/

CagedFeral:

--- Quote from: theBINKYhunter on November 21, 2017, 08:25:37 AM --- It seems that every one I look at has a few people who talk about it not being 100% reliable. It's disconcerting to read those types of reviews when the item I'm looking at needs to be 100% reliable.

--- End quote ---

That's what I'm finding. I know I should take the wisdom of the crowd review but there's always something that makes me keep looking.

CagedFeral:

--- Quote from: Chemsoldier on November 21, 2017, 10:40:18 AM ---I use the aforementioned Fort Knox pistol box. To me it is a sweet spot in terms of preventing physical defeats, being quick access and not dependent on batteries.

--- End quote ---

So far I'm thinking you're right. Seems like a heck of a safe in all cases. It's a buy once cry once deal. Do you have the front loaded or the top opened model?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version