The TSP Marketplace > The Berkey Guy - Berkey Light Water Filters

Questions as I am about to purchase a Berkey

(1/2) > >>

MrThirteen:
Well I have moved to my Parents in Idaho. (see post: http://thesurvivalpodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=26997.msg388113#msg388113)  So Goodbye California!

Now to order a system. I have questions, but I will set them up in a new post as this one is regarding shipping to CA!

Ok so I am buying a Berkey to supply ultimately a family of 5 clean water.  It will temporarily supply water for 7 as I am living with my parents until we locate a new home.

I am not sure what size Berkey to get.  What would you suggest.

Also I am not sure what filter configuration I should put in.  I ultimately want to filter out floride and I understand that takes a different or additional filter.  Is there  a tool I could use to figure out how to configure my Berkey?

Thanks for the help,

theberkeyguy:
Thanks for reaching out to me, I recommend the Royal Berkey System:
http://www.directive21.com/products/royal-berkey-system

Fluoride can be a great option if you have fluoride added to your water.

theberkeyguy

MrThirteen:
Sorry for the late reply... Dad and Mom have had some health issues and I just lost track of what I was doing.

I just tried to order the Royal as suggested however it states: "Royal Berkey System (Ships Jan. 2015)"

Does this mean the Royal is out of stock or did I pick the wrong one?

Thank you,

theberkeyguy:
We expect to ship it in January, as demand is currently high.

Jeff

MrThirteen:
Jeff,

I tried to order the royal Berkey and had some questions about the options...  I called the 877-886-3653 that is listed at the top of the page, but when transferred, it went to a voicemail box that has not been setup yet message.

I'll ask the questions here.

I know I want to do Fluoride filtration, so I added the PF2 Filter, I suppose I have to add this somewhere in the system. 
The Royal states it comes with 2 Black Berkey Elements.  Does the Royal take 2 elements at a time?  Or is it 1 in the berkey and 1 spare?

How much water can you put through a set of Black Berkey Elements before you have to change them?

Also, I was curious how the Berkey will handle the contaminants in this water test results list:
TEST RESULTS (2013)

Contaminant

Violation Y/N
Level Detected
Unit Measurement
MCLG
MCL
Likely Source of Contamination

Microbiological Contaminants

1. Total Coliform Bacteria
N
ND
Naturally present in the environment

Radioactive Contaminants

1. Radium 226 ('10)
N
PCI/L
Erosion of natural deposits

2. Radium 238 ('10)
N
.09-.645
PCI/L

3. Combined Radium
(-226 &-228)
N
0.09-0.757
PCI/L

4. Gross Alpha including Radon & U
N
PCI/L

Inorganic Contaminants

1. Copper ('10)
N
ppm
Corrosion of household plumbing systems; erosion of natural deposits; leaching from wood preservatives

2. Fluoride ('10)
N
0.37-0.63
ppm
Erosion of natural deposits; water additive which promotes strong teeth; discharge from fertilizer and aluminum factories

3. Lead ('10)
N
ppm
Corrosion of household plumbing systems, erosion of natural deposits

4. Nitrate ('12) (as Nitrogen)
N
0.80ND 2.39 1.98ND
ppm
Runoff from fertilizer use; leaching from septic tanks, sewage; erosion of natural deposits

5.. Barium ('10)
N
0.01-0.3
ppm
Discharge of drilling wastes; discharge from metal refineries; Erosion of natural deposits.

6..Chromium
N
ppm
Discharge from petroleum and metal refineries; erosion of natural deposits; discharge from mines

7. Arsenic ('10)
N
ppm
Erosion of natural deposits; runoff from orchards; runoff from glass and electronics production water

Thanks for the help,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version