Armory, Self Defense, And EDC > Firearms Legislation And News

An entirely 3D-printed gun (except for firing pin and gov't-mandated metal blob)

(1/10) > >>

Mr. Bill:
Forbes: This Is The World's First Entirely 3D-Printed Gun

--- Quote ---...All sixteen pieces of the Liberator prototype were printed in ABS plastic with a Dimension SST printer from 3D printing company Stratasys, with the exception of a single nail that’s used as a firing pin. The gun is designed to fire standard handgun rounds, using interchangeable barrels for different calibers of ammunition.

Technically, Defense Distributed’s gun has one other non-printed component: the group added a six ounce chunk of steel into the body to make it detectable by metal detectors in order to comply with the Undetectable Firearms Act. ...
--- End quote ---

Designed by: Defense Distributed.  Plans not available yet, but coming soon.

cmxterra:
I think I just heard Feinsteins head explode.

r_w:

--- Quote from: cmxterra on May 03, 2013, 09:59:59 PM ---I think I just heard Feinsteins head explode.

--- End quote ---

Oh how I wish.

Absit:
I'm a little confused about something.  The whole metal detector thing..I understand it's a law, and that's dumb enough.  But the fact that people, legislators, are concerned about a plastic gun making it through a metal detector..

Unless, wait, did we invent plastic bullets and casings too?

Oil Lady:
Not to derail, but here's a brief video of the plastic gun from the Clint Eastwood film In the Line of Fire, the gun John Malkovich made to kill the President. 

It seems like the guy who made this homemade video was either able to get his hands on the actual movie prop from the film (not hard to do, the studios auction this stuff off all the time) or else someone online is selling knockoffs of the film prop, or else he made it himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH2UqXZ6yOk

Don't know if it actually works. The shaft isn't even rifled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version