Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic

Things you are during the CoronaVirus Stay@Home

<< < (2/14) > >>

Morning Sunshine:

--- Quote from: Redman on March 17, 2020, 08:20:39 AM ---Aaahhhgggg, MS you are a bad woman and I'm going to find you........and shake your hand. ;D Those cheese crackers sound delicious besides being easy to make. And addictive.

--- End quote ---

I have a weird allergy to fake cheese - doritos, cheesits, mac and cheese, etc.  But man alive, they taste so good!  I am hoping that these little crackers will satisfy my cravings!

Stwood:
We stay home most of the time anyway, as we're both retired. We bought this place to retire on and we did. Spent years fixing it up (still fixing  ::) ).

So this virus thing won't change much for us, but will have second thoughts about making trips to town.

Prepared...yes we are. 6 months of most meds, 2 years of food.
If it gets bad enough the elec goes down, we have enough gas to run the gen off and on for several months, giving us time to can our frozen meat, a few lights, pump water, etc.
I've never got a hand pump in place to pump well water in place of the well pump. So there's that to deal with, but we do have stored water.
And like MS, we can go outside anytime without running into someone on our 31 acres.

Stwood:
We stay home most of the time anyway, as we're both retired. We bought this place to retire on and we did. Spent years fixing it up (still fixing  ::) ).

So this virus thing won't change much for us, but will have second thoughts about making trips to town.

Prepared...yes we are. 6 months of most meds, 2 years of food.
If it gets bad enough the elec goes down, we have enough gas to run the gen off and on for several months, giving us time to can our frozen meat, a few lights, pump water, etc.
I've never got a hand pump in place to pump well water in place of the well pump. So there's that to deal with, but we do have stored water.
And like MS, we can go outside anytime without running into someone on our 31 acres.

Internet is dragging today. Overloaded maybe??

surfivor:

Prayer and meditation are getting a bigger priority

I can always practice the guitar, do kung fu in my living room area, research real estate in Maine etc

David in MN:
Lots of cooking. Lots. We've made cookies, churned ice cream, had a nacho party with homemade salsas, etc. I'm doing the corned beef tonight as I finish my bone broth for a German mushroom dumpling soup. Also got 2 racks of ribs to grill (in the midst of a food panic ribs were 2 for 1) so one of these days I'm getting the grill going.

We play lots of games, have a near nightly cocktail hour with the neighbors before dinner to vent a little, and watch a bunch of movies. My wife is reading tons and I have done some badly needed home repair.

We also did some seed starting as the timing syncs with our zone. My little one loves gardening so we had some fun with that project.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version