Survivalism & Self Sufficiency Topics > COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic

Things you are during the CoronaVirus Stay@Home

(1/14) > >>

Greekman:
well, it hasn't started for you in the States yet, but we are on the 4th Stay@Home day over here. (voluntary ATM)
me:
- I am catching up on the reading for a bunch of Argonomist qualifications tests
- I took receipt of an APRS (digital messaging & positioning) cable to link my radio to my phone, and had a try
- Sorting files in the PC, and backing it up

other people are going crazy with online tutoring for their kids etc etc

now it is your turn, but only if you are really staying home.

Morning Sunshine:
we homeschool and hubby works from home.  In a lot of ways this won't be too different, and I have been told it is not starting until tomorrow.  And we have 12 acres, so we can totally go outside and still be in quarantine.

but

we do have co-ops, and lessons, and my older son works at a restaurant.  And sometimes we go to friend's houses just to play.

I went to Home Depot and picked up some supplies to refinish some wood work in the house.  One set of lessons we have been attending is Woodworking, and we have learned how to take distressed wood and make it look new and pretty.  So I am going to have the kids help me with that this week.

the kids want a read-a-thon, complete with popcorn and treats on the carpet.  I am not sure how I feel about that, but maybe I will go for it with the stipulation that they read a book outside their normal; we have a 2000 book library downstairs, that is a doable stipulation.

we have also talked about making some new recipes - "cheese-its" "spinikopita" (thanks for the tips on that Greekman)

maybe prepare the garden area for planting

Greekman:
it is spa-na-ko-pi-ta..accented at the Ko..do not know what recipe for the filling you have, but most add feta cheese along with some spring onions with the spinach

what is cheese-its? if it has cheese and it is cooked I want to know. ;)

Morning Sunshine:

--- Quote from: Greekman on March 17, 2020, 07:00:30 AM ---it is spa-na-ko-pi-ta..accented at the Ko..do not know what recipe for the filling you have,
--- End quote ---

see, transliterations are just weird - why for example, did English transliterate any Greek "phi" as "ph" instead of "f" weirdos.  (or, I cannot spell.... take your pick  ;)

oh, and I do not have a recipe yet....  I just used to buy them at a little bakery near Parc Jarry in Montreal.  mmmm... yummy.

--- Quote ---what is cheese-its? if it has cheese and it is cooked I want to know. ;)
--- End quote ---

https://www.fivehearthome.com/homemade-cheese-crackers/

Redman:
Aaahhhgggg, MS you are a bad woman and I'm going to find you........and shake your hand. ;D Those cheese crackers sound delicious besides being easy to make. And addictive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version