Energy Options > Other Energy Sources

Question for Steve Harris (or anyone else) ENELOOP VS ENERGIZER

<< < (3/7) > >>

AvenueQ:

--- Quote from: skas on January 07, 2014, 07:13:45 PM ---Having used Energizers and Eneloops...go Eneloop, for sure.

--- End quote ---

Seconding this. My Eneloops last noticeably longer than my Energizers. I'll be replacing them all with Eneloops soon.

theBINKYhunter:

--- Quote from: ID_Joker on January 07, 2014, 07:57:02 PM ---If I recall correctly, while Steve liked the Eneloops for AA and AAA, he was down on the adapters.  Just not enough juice there to last very long.  I don't recall what he recommended though.

--- End quote ---

that was my thought, you have the size of the C and D, but not the power... i though enloop made C and D sizes, but i guess it's just the adapter.

Zef_66:
I'm in to see the response on anything better.

I've been using Eneloop AA and AAA for years now without any issues.

I was in the market for some Cs and Ds for kids toys and soothers and such. And I knew the adaptors that would allow the use of AAs in place of Cs just wouldn't last long. The capacity just isn't there. So after some research, I picked up some Tenergy Centura Low Self-Discharge size C and size D batteries. They work great and I don't have any complaints at all. No issues whatsoever. They are highly recommended. I probably have about 10 each of the Cs and Ds that I use and rotate through toys and such. Highly recommended.

After I had such good luck with the Tenergy Centura Cs and Ds, I thought I would try out their AA and AAA. I am no expert and don't have any official tests, but they work *almost* as well as the Eneloops. But then again, they are not quite as expensive. What I do is the good stuff that I want to last awhile, like my digital cameras and flashlights, I use the Eneloops. For the kids toys and remotes and stuff, I use the Tenergy.

This is just my opinion, but I hope that helps!

ID_Joker:
Tenergy rings a bell.  I think those might be the ones Steve recommended.  That was a while ago though...could be something new since.

MillenniumMan:
Just did a price comparison and Tenergy is $10 less for a 4 pack of AA. The two at an equivalent power output level are neck and neck.

Time for me to battery shop.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version