Community & Regional Connections > Region Four

Anyone left in IL or Western IN?

(1/3) > >>

Da Li:
Hey all,

I'm in East Central IL, not far from the IN border.
Region 4 board doesn't seem to have many IL folks posting.
Am I the only one willing (or maybe dumb enough  :facepalm:) to admit being from the Laughingstock State?

Just putting a call out looking for others in the neighborhood.
I might be interested in eventually hosting or attending "local" meetups, work shares, skills trainings/workshops, etc.
Glad to see there's stuff going on in MI, OH, etc., just think we need to get that going here too.
Even if there's only two or three of us TSPers, we can always bring others from "outside" that could benefit from learning new skills, etc.

Anyway, just sending up a flare to see if anyone is around.

Lemme know!

-- Da Li

PS.... I need up to 4 acres worth of mulch, cardboard, newspaper, food and fuel plants, etc. If we're close enough maybe we could do some group bulk buys??? Just throwing it all out to see what sticks!

totalredundancy:
As painful as it is to admit it I'm still stuck here in IL.  I'd be up for a meet-up at some point!  Haven't found one other like-minded person in the Chicagoland area...

Special K:
These guys are quite active: http://www.meetup.com/Original-Northwest-Indiana-Preppers/

Special K:

--- Quote from: totalredundancy on June 20, 2016, 07:05:08 AM ---As painful as it is to admit it I'm still stuck here in IL.  I'd be up for a meet-up at some point!  Haven't found one other like-minded person in the Chicagoland area...

--- End quote ---

TD, are you on Facebook? If you are PM me. There are quite a few Chicago preppers but they keep very low profiles mostly due to the craptastic Crook County/Chiraq political climate.

osubuckeye4:
Family and I are unfortunately still on the outskirts of Cook County.

Spent the last 2 years getting as debt free as possible.

Probably going to be stuck here until we are no longer underwater on our condo (anywhere from 1-5 years depending on what the housing market does and how much extra I put into principal every month).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version